What do y'all think of my new bull calf?

Help Support CattleToday:

j&lfarms

Reaction score
He is 7 months old and weighs 720lbs. I am planning on using him as my herd bull when he gets older. When the cows come back in cycle after calving he should be a little over a year old.

At 7 months old, he is looking pretty decent. Dont know about his EPD's but may as well see how he grows out.

The bull he is out of is in a former post of mine. I think he will be good for me for what I want to do. Most of his calves are around 65lbs and wean close to 600lbs. If the bull calf I bought follows close to the same as the sire he will do just fine.

Pic #2 --cropped and rotated:

uu2c.jpg

He has that "bully" look already.

Commercial operatio I'd use him. He's a nice calf and better than many that have been posted here.

Okay I try not to post my opinion on cattle, he's decent ...... Where's his azz?

Those epd's are really geared for the guy with efficiency in mind, you trade the efficiency for a decrease in growth, not really my cup of tea, but with a positive energy epd you have a calf that will not require much input as others.

Limomike":d3ib7d4y said:
At 7 months old, he is looking pretty decent. Dont know about his EPD's but may as well see how he grows out.

Agree. Like to see him in about a year. Hope he works out for you J&L.

fitz

Latest posts