what do u think of my heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

rm987

Reaction score
new_pictures_085.jpg
[/img]

Get her clipped up and I think she could look pretty good. She is a little light boned and shallow in the flank, but a pretty nice heifer. Breed? Maine? Bloodlines?

Well regarding straight-legged I mean that if you look at the joint just above her rear hooves, I would prefer to see a little more angle. Cattle which have too straight legs (post-legged) often suffer leg problems as they grow because undue strain is placed on the joints because of their weight, and in the case of a breeding heifer she may not be able to take the weight of the bull as she gets older.

As for the coarse shoulders, I mean shoulders that do not blend well into the rest of the body, that look 'heavy' or 'jutty', which can cause calving problems. Ideally cattle should be a triangular shape with the butt the widest and the shoulders the narrowest part.

Nope, you just need to clip her and post another picture. She has a lot of hair on her shoulders which makes them look big and rough.

No she is not a bad cow. She has a good level square hip. And I love the amount of hair she has. If you've never clipped before get some one who knows what they're doing to do it and teach you as you go along. Good Luck!

ya my good friend char is gonna help me and shes like on her 10th show cow and shes a really good clipper and shower

Personally, I don't like her tail bone area, but other than that she looks alright, should look good when she gets more size to her.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to say she is a bad heifer. Its just that with my animals I like to be aware of all their good points and all their bad points. I think she will do fine when she is clipped and fed up. I would show her. What these faults would mean to me is that when breeding her, she should be joined to a bull with good feet and legs, and an easy calver, which will hopefully correct the faults in her progeny.

She looks to be a long, well muscled and feminine heifer. When you clip her you can fine up her front end a bit and I think she will look pretty flash.

Latest posts