What can this be?

Help Support CattleToday:

Out of ignorance. Can a horse get sourmouth. That kind of looks like the last case I saw.

Scotty

My wife wants to know if the gums are inflamed. She says she has seen herpes but usually the gums are swollen and inflamed.

Scotty

definatly warts.

One of my grandpas halflingers has them and he uses compound W on them. The vet will have something safer to use on the nose and mouth though Id think.

Just as another precautionary measure: Leave your clippers in the box. Horses don't NEED to have their faces and ears clipped (unless perhaps a requirement?? for a show). They do quite well on their own for thousands of years without going to the beauty shop. ;-)

Running Arrow Bill":3e3fef60 said:
Horses don't NEED to have their faces and ears clipped (unless perhaps a requirement?? for a show). They do quite well on their own for thousands of years without going to the beauty shop. ;-)
Bill, I have a filly that would disagree :D Silly thing LOVES to get her face and ears trimmed (especially the ears) Her brother is almost as fond of clippers (He prefers worming day over all others, though)

Did we never get a vet's opinion on this one?

Latest posts