What breed?

Help Support CattleToday:

Brendon

Reaction score
Hola! Does anybody know what breed or cross these are? There's lots of them on the common near me this week. I first thought they were Herefords but now I'm not so sure. Sorry the pic is not very clear. Mum has horns. Thank you :D
grazing2.JPG

Brendon":10bnk9fh said:
Hola! Does anybody know what breed or cross these are? There's lots of them on the common near me this week. I first thought they were Herefords but now I'm not so sure. Sorry the pic is not very clear. Mum has horns. Thank you :D
grazing2.JPG
im getting blind as a bat but looks like maybe simmental type.. but if im wrong im sure ill be called on it
:cowboy:

Just going by the fact you thought the cows were Herefords and the looks of that calf, I'd say Simmental or at least Simmental cross.

you could have 10-15 different scenarios .that cow is crossed 2 3 4 different breeds that calf almost looks like a holstein with a beef butt.have anymore pictures

bishopcattleco":2ytzoej3 said:
you could have 10-15 different scenarios .that cow is crossed 2 3 4 different breeds that calf almost looks like a holstein with a beef butt.have anymore pictures
look at the frame,,, he has the typical simm look aside from the old style color.. plus the head is a dead givaway

I didn't even notice the cow in the back. The cow could be several crosses which makes the calf even more crossed up.

LOL. I thought the "thing" behind the calf was a round bale.

Thanks for the super-quick responses. I think I've worked out how to do the photo thing properly now, so here are some in a decent size. Second photo is the calf's mum. Third photo is a different animal. Sorry about previous attempt. :oops:
grazing2.JPG
grazing4.JPG
grazing3.JPG

id say thats a holstein cross calf.the cow looks like jer x hol.thus the hol colored calf.

I would say old school Simi, as long as the third picture is not related.

My guess is that it's a herd of commercial cattle with a simmental bull. We see lots of that type around here.

I'd agree with the Sim influence in the first two pics. The third pic is a dairy animal of kinds, perhaps Brown Swiss influence. You will have to find out and let us know ;-) .

Thanks for the responses, folks. It's interesting even if we have not worked out what breed they are! If I find out I will be sure to post back.

Cheers
B

They are likely simmenthal crosses, the grey one half holstein, hence the lack of muscle.

Latest posts