what breed and age do you think this could be

Help Support CattleToday:

Definately bos indicus influenced and perhaps crossed with a gert.

Not sure of the age and the pic doesn't set for good guessing. Just a swag that it is young and underfed. Less than 3 years old?

Edit: Just noticed the tick of white. Could be a cross with beefmaster.

thanks..i know it has the ears but wasn't sure where to go from there...looks healthy other then lack of food...got it from
spca..they took it away from someone and we got it from them...it sure is eating good now..they said year old but horns that size makes me think 2 or better...

the dam ranch":2fuob5zx said:
they said year old but horns that size makes me think 2 or better...

Get it in a head gate and get a look at the teeth.

What are your intentions for this gal?

what would you immediately do in the nutrition dept for a cow like this

the dam ranch":2ta33gl4 said:
http://cattletoday.com/photos/data/500/58.jpg

here is the second one that we bought from the spca..it is a steer also

i have put them on high protein feed with lots of hay and build the amount of feed up a little each day...they were neglated badly but actully in pretty good shape...that pic was when we first got them 4 days ago and we can already see big improvement...i think they were always left short on fresh water was alot of their problem.....still not sure of the breed of the red one....

I can definitely see a little beefmaster mixed in there somewhere. Not sure what it mixed with, looks a light to be mostly beefmaster. Guessing at 18 months.

Hippie Rancher":17fsi776 said:
some kind of brahma cross coming 3

What makes you think that old? Looking at the leg joints I don't see the bones fully grown. Am I that far off?

backhoeboogie":507j25kk said:
Hippie Rancher":507j25kk said:
some kind of brahma cross coming 3

What makes you think that old? Looking at the leg joints I don't see the bones fully grown. Am I that far off?

Picture is a little hard to tell, wish there was a good side view, but I was going from muzzle length and the horns - I think I can see full two and some more growth on them???

thanks hippie ...i was thinking the same thing that the horn length made me think 2.5 to 3 yrs...maybe wrong i usually only mess with polled animals....

gerardplauche":22dsb93d said:
I can definitely see a little beefmaster mixed in there somewhere. Not sure what it mixed with, looks a light to be mostly beefmaster. Guessing at 18 months.

Floppy ears and a bit of white on the chest hardly makes beefmaster a part of that animal's composition. It looks to be some mixed breed animal with brahman influence...and I'm sure brahman breeders wouldn't want to claim it if it didn't have the ears.

EC

Latest posts