what brand trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

any type you want to talk about. back when I had a horse he had to ride in the same trailer we used to haul the cows and I don't think he knew the differnce :lol:

lilbitfarm":2fqt5uoe said:
any type you want to talk about. back when I had a horse he had to ride in the same trailer we used to haul the cows and I don't think he knew the differnce :lol:

We have a 35' Titan stock trailer for the critters, and a 35' H & H flatbed for the hay. Also have a smaller 3 horse trailer, but I can't remember the brand of it. Dislikes: Titan, nothing. It's a very good trailer, very versatile - works for cattle, horses, moving people from place to place, has 2 gates for hauling dogs and furniture, etc, also has a handy little front gate on the side to take the dogs out to do their business. H & H - takes to darned long to load it - even with the 10 pack! :( The smaller 3 horse trailer, well, the horses don't like it because it's enclosed and dark - so loading them is no problem, but keeping them in it long enough to get them tied can be a bit challenging - especially with one particular horse.

1992 Gooseneck 24 x 6 Stock trailer.

Bought used in average shape with new tires. About the straightest pulling trailer I've ever towed.

2005 no name 4 Bale Self Dumping trailer.
Just bought it this week.

Not to get too far off topic, but has anyone here ever removed the divider in a 2 horse trailer and used it to haul cattle?

I'm just looking for a small, cheap stock trailer to get me started next spring, and I don't have much to plunk down on anything.. I'll only end up with about 8-10 steers total, and if all goes well, they'll only have to be transported twice -- once from the sale barn at maybe 500lb each, and once back to the sale barn at (hopefully) closer to 850 or 900...

Am I an idiot, or is this not that uncommon?

cmjust0":thr58dlm said:
Not to get too far off topic, but has anyone here ever removed the divider in a 2 horse trailer and used it to haul cattle?

I'm just looking for a small, cheap stock trailer to get me started next spring, and I don't have much to plunk down on anything.. I'll only end up with about 8-10 steers total, and if all goes well, they'll only have to be transported twice -- once from the sale barn at maybe 500lb each, and once back to the sale barn at (hopefully) closer to 850 or 900...

This was a pretty common practice a few years ago. They got along alright then, don't know why you can't get along with that kind of rig today.

Does anybody ever use the old cattle rack method where the racks are attached to the bed of the truck?

There's a tailgate-high chute leading out of my barn and I've seen countless abandoned chutes of the same height all across my county.. They're all just far enough off the road to back a fullsize truck in... I couldn't tell you the last time I saw anyone with racks on their truck, though..

And thanks for the reassurance la4angus.. I figure people might look at me funny, but what else is new... :lol: So long as it works, that's all I'm interested in.. :D

I remember as a kid that my grandpaw would haul them like that, just brought back some memories of trying to get stubborn calves into the back of that truck.

I see all kinds of trailers at the barn I work at from top end to homemade .even some of the ol'timers still driven ton trucks with cattle racks. some of the homemade stuff is built like a tank and some is pure junk.but the guys with the mafg. trailers have junk too. because they don't keep them up and good working order. the next time you're at the sale just look at some of things some folks will pull it's plan scary.

Homemade trailers, huh?? I bought an old heavy duty truckbed trailer at an auction for $30 a few weeks ago... Nobody else wanted it, but it's got a good 2" ball hitch, 6 lug wheels and about 6" of leaf springs under the axle.. It's rusty for sure, but nothing a cheapo bedliner wouldn't put right in a hurry..

It made it 35 miles home without the pumpkin or wheelbearings locking up, and it didn't fall apart, so I think I'm money ahead.. In fact, it might just be the best $30 trailer I've ever owned.. :lol:

Case IH":2kwa6vym said:
Does anybody ever use the old cattle rack method where the racks are attached to the bed of the truck?
I still see quite a few pick ups with stock racks,most haul Hogs, and sometimes Goats and Cattle. I remember as a Kid walking up to a pickup with a Cow in the back. I can still here her Hoof hit that rack when she tried to kick my head off.

Case IH":1jzti8m7 said:

I saw an idiot in WV last week flop his truck when getting onto the interstate. He took the turn too fast and the 2 steers he had in the bed slid to one side. Laid that truck right over. Wonder how the troopers caught the steers? :roll:
Gotta love them cattle racks in the bed. Nice high unstable load.

I've got a Ponderosa that has been hosed out after every single use and it still has rusted out on the panels right above the floor. It's been shedded, too. I bought it used from a fella. The dealer he bought it from said he had a lot of complaints about rust and is now selling Calico trailers.

cmjust0":3csuxra0 said:

I have used a 2 horse trailer with divider removed to haul a cow calf pair 4 hours without a problem the swinging door makes it a little tricky to load out of a shoot though.

Corn-Pro stock trailer, gooseneck. The horse doesn't seem to be offended...

Delta 24' gooseneck flatbed trailer.

We've been very pleased with both. We've looked at other brands of stock trailers and flatbeds, and quite frankly, it's hard to find 'em that are built the way you want them.

nothing rattles like a Dugan cattle trailer!
we got a 24x6 and it pulls great, nice and balanced, but louder than all get out.

we also got a 16ft utility that is a 88 model i believe, been through everything. still going strong. no complaints at all from it.

csutton

Latest posts