What are you guys using for a camera?

Help Support CattleToday:

millstreaminn

Reaction score
Some of the pictures you guys post are incredible. The color and clarity is amazing. I've bought at least 4 digital cameras, (all in the 2-300 dollar range) and have always been less than satisfied with the results. Maybe you guys are spending $500+ on a camera?

Here is a picture from a free Logitech QuickCam someone left at the hotel. The price was right but the quality is less than excellent. I'm just looking for a decent $2-$300 model. Thanks!

Picture26.jpg

My EOS 35 mm had several thousand dollars worth of attachments, lenses etc. 20 years ago I was a published photographer as a hobbyist. From postcards all the way to magazines. With the telephoto lenses, I got wildlife pics that were incredible.

My wife bought a digital EOS for me and I have no idea how many nickels she spent but it was way more than you are suggesting. All my existing attachments work on that camera. I rarely use the telephoto lenses or anything else. I can zoom in with the computer and get excellent clarity. With the telephoto lenses and tri-pod, I can get a good pic of a fly on a cow's back a quarter mile off.

It is all about resolution capability of the camera.

Canon Power Shot A85 with 4.0 mega pixels. I need a zoom lense, though, as I don't really have the capacity to take pics from far away like I did with the old Minolta.

For pictures, I use the Canon. For photography, it is back to the Minolta.

Used to spend a lot of nickels on developing film. With digital, I can take many more pics (thousands) and cull them on the computer with no expense.

TNMasterBeefProducer":206aq9wt said:
I use a sony cybershot 6 mega pixel camera on somethings. My main one though is a Kodack Easy Share 4.0 mega pixel. I think it costs about 200 dollars.
i use a kodak easy share C653.an i like the pics it takes.the few pics i posted here was taken with that cam.

I have a Fujifilm A500 5.1 megapixel camera. I can't remember exactly how much it was, I'll have to check, but I think it was soemthing like $500 with accessories. (Maybe I'm wrong...)

We've got a couple Kodak easy shares, kinda mid range in quality. I got mine as a last years model on sale, open box demo model for $250. Normally was $550. Had it 2 years now and love it. Our other Kodak is about 4 years old and still working great too.

PeaceCountryCowboy":4qv8f6kk said:
We've got a couple Kodak easy shares, kinda mid range in quality. I got mine as a last years model on sale, open box demo model for $250. Normally was $550. Had it 2 years now and love it. Our other Kodak is about 4 years old and still working great too.

For all those using Kodak Easyshare cameras...

I find that its a great camera when the light is good, but when using a flash the redeye reduction factor isn't very effective, or is there some function that I don't know about? My manual is in Russian, and it just so happens that i am not quite as competent in Russian as the manufacturors thought ;-)

I have a Canon Powershot SD1000 and a Canon Rebel XT. I like them both. I like to keep a camera around in case I see something neat. My goal is to get a shot at a panther. Though the DNR says we don't have them here, I have seen six and I know of a guy who shot one. With a photo, they can't tell me I saw a bobcat with a three foot tail.

KNERSIE":2vfastph said:
For all those using Kodak Easyshare cameras...

I find that its a great camera when the light is good, but when using a flash the redeye reduction factor isn't very effective, or is there some function that I don't know about? My manual is in Russian, and it just so happens that i am not quite as competent in Russian as the manufacturors thought ;-)

What mode are you using? I use portrait mode and works most times. The one's it doesn't though I have a good photo program that cleans them right up.

I have a Panasonic Lumix with Leica lens 12x optical zoom. Low pixels. Low cost. Pic quality is good enough for what I do. Less than $300 dollars including case, card, and whatall, if I remember right. Bought at Wolf Camera, Macon Mall.

Mine is a Sony Cybershot DSC-S40, 3x optical zoom and 4.1 megapixels. I like it except for the zoom. My plan is to get a higher zoom camera this fall. This one I paid $300 for.

As for quality pictures, first off, with the digital you can take hundreds and only keep the best and secondly you can clean up that not so perfect picture on the computer. There are some pretty good free programs out there if you don't have what you need on your computer. I use the computer programs quite a lot.

Latest posts