What About This Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

You get what you pay for. I think $1600 is about right for him, but the fact that he's not fertility OR trich tested would make me leery. If he was, the guy would be asking more, for sure. Really, you'll end up at about $1750 once you get all that done. His type is ok, but he's pretty posty and doesn't have a whole lot to him. But hey, if that's the best you can afford and you just want to make your calves black, he'll do the job. Around here, I've seen a heck of a lot worse!

A jersey dairy or 2 run a hereford clean up bull because everyone "knows" the white face is a beef calf and those little
white faced bottle calves sell soooo much better than the jersey calves at the sale barn.

Muddy":2wv3qvfo said:
BK9954":2wv3qvfo said:
He is onry. I have him on craigslist right now. Listed for$1000 but willing to take 800. Thats what I paid for him. He is so full of testosterone I think thats what makes them jerseys so mean. He would mate my truck if I let him. He is bull mating my 3 month old calf.
Well everyone told you to get rid of him a long time ago. Just drop him off at the sale barn and you'll get money out of him.
Well when I went to feed them last night I opened the gate after pouring the cubes in the trough. Instead of going to the cubes that darn jersey made a U turn around the gate and charged me. I had to climb the side of the coral to get away. He will be at the auction on Wednesday.

$.69 a pound. brought $570. this is the brangus, he had more butt on him then in the first picture which is what I want. He tested fertile. Turns out the seller is a Jr. pastor at my old church. He is locked up pending trich results.

That jersey beat the side of my trailer all the way to the auction. The meat packer it the one who bought him

I have to say I still might use one in the future just to breed replacement heifers but sell him quicker and younger. In this guy I let him stay too long and get too big. All in all I got my heifers bred for $230 plus feed. Cheaper then AI. I will have keep him in my electric fenced pasture next time.

Personally I would just get a black longhorn or a black Corriente bull...or at least learn how to A.I the heifers with Jersey semen.

BK9954":1l08joe9 said:
I have to say I still might use one in the future just to breed replacement heifers but sell him quicker and younger. In this guy I let him stay too long and get too big. All in all I got my heifers bred for $230 plus feed. Cheaper then AI. I will have keep him in my electric fenced pasture next time.
You'll have plenty of time now to evaluate how the jersey cross calves turn out and decide for yourself if its an economic choice that you want to repeat. A.I. can have a lot of hidden costs.

Latest posts