what about these...

Help Support CattleToday:

i had a cpl cross breds i sold cuz they had that long legged deer look to em...maybe i shouldve shaved em down and slicked em off with some wd 40 and got some big money for em

lotta hype..sure not what were used to looking at is it

I have a friend who raises Wagyu & Wagyu crosses. She sells to a local restaurant. She hauls them to the processor and the restaurant pays her hanging weight and pays for the processing. She said that it is crazy, they pay a premium for the beef and pass the cost onto their customers.
She is a happy with the arrangement.
They are ugly cattle.

chippie":gzi1vhli said:
I have a friend who raises Wagyu & Wagyu crosses. She sells to a local restaurant. She hauls them to the processor and the restaurant pays her hanging weight and pays for the processing. She said that it is crazy, they pay a premium for the beef and pass the cost onto their customers.
She is a happy with the arrangement.
They are ugly cattle.

chippie, do your friend's Wagyus look like these? They sure have a shine to them. Maybe it takes a while for them to mature? I wouldn't discard them until I'd raised one to eat.

That's what I'd like to have some for. They say they are he77 to finish but I figure if I crossed them I'd get some really nice marbling and some respectable growth. They are ugly though aren't they. :lol2:

LaneFarms":3l8znox6 said:
no thanks, I see how they could produce lean meat.
this is one case where there is a big difference when the hide is off ...what little flesh they do carry is suppose to be the best you can get

Latest posts