Westerns

Help Support CattleToday:

stocky":22hmzgyx said:
Conagher, as well as the other Louis L'amour stories were much better read as books, although the movies were very good. I forgot another one of my favorites, but I dont know if any of you have ever heard of it. Goin' South was late 70's or early 80's and starred Jack Nicholson, Mary Steenbergen, Danny DeVito, and several others from the Jack Nicholson group. It is hilarious, if anyone wants a good laugh from a western.

The Missouri Breaks.

Are those western? I'm going to show my age: Tex Ritter, Roy and Dale, Hoot, Rex Allen, Gene Autry, Hoppy, Lash, Fuzzy and the rest of the good ol boys.

billy

High Noon
Shane
Stagecoach
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Silverado

Alice

Alice":28s721pl said:
High Noon
Shane
Stagecoach
Silverado

Alice

Shane was written by the same guy that wrote Monte Walsh

dun

dun":1xmjapu3 said:
Alice":1xmjapu3 said:
High Noon
Shane
Stagecoach
Silverado

Alice

dun

Jack Schaefer

Alice

Alice":2vb1bq5e said:
dun":2vb1bq5e said:
Alice":2vb1bq5e said:
High Noon
Shane
Stagecoach
Silverado

Alice

dun

Jack Schaefer

Alice

Correct, but I never cared for Shane but read MW once a year and watch the Lee Marvin version whenever they show it. The Tom Sellec version isn;t worth squat and doesn;t portray the characters or the book as well as the original. When I saw it I wasn;t even sure it was the same Monte Walsh.

dun

I didn't read Monte Walsh and only saw the Lee Marvin movie. I think maybe I'll go to the library and check out Monte Walsh. It'll give me a change from my murder mysteries. I haven't read a western since Lonesome Dove.

Alice

Alice":1puzp4hm said:
I didn't read Monte Walsh and only saw the Lee Marvin movie. I think maybe I'll go to the library and check out Monte Walsh. It'll give me a change from my murder mysteries. I haven't read a western since Lonesome Dove.

Alice

It seems to be hard to find in librarys. At least it was years ago when my wife special ordered me a copy from a bookstore in DC that specializes in out of print books. Still took them almost 6 months to get it. It's the only book I have that never gets into anyone elses hands. Folks can borrow any book I have, but I won;t even let them handle that one. From talking to some of the older old tim,ers back in my younger years it seems that a lot of the attitude and changes were similar to what they used to relate. Maybe it's my way of keeping a tie to some of those old codgers.

dun

dun":j1rn6tq0 said:
Alice":j1rn6tq0 said:

Alice

From talking to some of the older old tim,ers back in my younger years it seems that a lot of the attitude and changes were similar to what they used to relate. Maybe it's my way of keeping a tie to some of those old codgers.

dun

Good books like that are treasures and best friends, Dun, and no way could ya' loan out a treasure or best friend.

Now I've really gotta get my hands on that book.

Thanks, Alice

The Searchers, With John Wayne, Lonesome Dove andUnforgiven. The last probably being my favorite.

My husband has a copy of Lonesome Dove that Larry McMurtry signed while he was in Uvaldie for something or other. I just read that book a couple of years ago while I was recovering from surgery. Great book.

now if you are talking real old movies, and funny, Laurel and Hardy, in 'The Trial of the Lonesome Pine', where they sung 'In the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virgina' song, fell off of my chair laughing at that one tears rolled down the cheaks. Great Old movie.

I like all the movies that have been mentioned but, my all time favorite is

Quigley down under.

Great Flic

Dub

How can you all forget about the greatest western of all time.....Blazing Saddles!! :lol: :lol:

El_Putzo":20bv77zg said:
How can you all forget about the greatest western of all time.....Blazing Saddles!! :lol: :lol:

Ah man, I lost my head. That was a fantastically funny movie!

Alice

I don't think that I can post my favorite quotes from Blazing Saddles on this forum. I finally found the original on DVD sometime back...the one where they don't blank out all the politically uncorrect statements.

J Baxter":24w0pfwy said:
I don't think that I can post my favorite quotes from Blazing Saddles on this forum.

That's for sure, but that was one funny movie. Sometimes the theme song even gets stuck in my head :roll: .

"Horses!?!? We cain't afford to lose no horses! Send a couple of them............"

i wish TOMMY LEE JONES AND ROBERT DUVALL would do some more westerns these boy know how too act. you could put them in any type movie and they would make it great. not be the hero and stand around looking pretty i miss the old western tv show like the rifleman and have gun will travel those type

Latest posts