Westerns

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC

Reaction score
All this talk about Broken Trail, etc. has got me to thinking. I love westerns, and I imagine most of you do, too. What's your favorite? Mine's The Outlaw Josie Wales. Best lines:

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

"Ain't a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes."

Lot's of good westerns out there. But they don't make as many as they used to.

Way too many I like to pick a favorite, but a list of some I really enjoy, in no certain order,

The Searchers (basically any Duke movie could fit here)
Conagher
The Quick and the Dead ( The Sam Elliot version)
Cat Balou ( this one cracks me up everytime I see it)
Hang em High
Unforgiven
Lonesome Dove
ETC. ETC.

The orignal Monte Walsh. Also happens to be my favorite book

dun

Chism, The Cowboys, Lonesome Dove really any will do but those are the first the to come to mind, I'll watch any John Wayne movie.

I like The Cowboys, Lonesome Dove, Monte Walsh (Lee Marvin), Bend In The River, Red River, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Quigley Down Under, and Cat Ballou. Lee Marvin as Kid Shelleen was great! Music from Western movies is unequalled also.

Big Jake
Lonesome Dove
Silverado (especially the part where Kevin Costner shot the two guys running opposite ways down the boardwalk)

Lonesome Dove, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence, Chisolm, The Magnificent Seven, Jeremiah Johnson, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Outlaw Josey Wales. Once Upon a Time in the West, and of course, the all time greatest, Shane

VanC----my favorite quotes were from the Indian Chief------"Maybe I ain't so old, after all" and "Lucky you stopped me when you did, I could've killed her"

Chishom, Mclintock, Big Jake, The Quick and The Dead, Hang 'Em High, The Shootist, Chatto's Land, Jeremiah Johnson, Cat Ballou, The Sackett's, and there is another one that I can't remember the name of. Katherine Ross played a widow on a stage stop and she tied messages to tumbleweeds and Sam Elliot was the hero - what was the name of that movie?

msscamp":39a5g77i said:
Katherine Ross played a widow on a stage stop and she tied messages to tumbleweeds and Sam Elliot was the hero - what was the name of that movie?

Conagher

dun

Cowboys!

And for a laugh I liked Them Trinity movies, not sure but think it is called "My name is Trinity" and "They still call me Trinity" something like that.

Giant, The Cowboys, Mclintock and The Sackets. Loved all the Sacket books as well.

Conagher, as well as the other Louis L'amour stories were much better read as books, although the movies were very good. I forgot another one of my favorites, but I dont know if any of you have ever heard of it. Goin' South was late 70's or early 80's and starred Jack Nicholson, Mary Steenbergen, Danny DeVito, and several others from the Jack Nicholson group. It is hilarious, if anyone wants a good laugh from a western.

Latest posts