We're thinking about him??

Help Support CattleToday:

rancherswife

Reaction score
My Grandson found this steer and is really liking him. This is the only pic I could get so I hope it is enough to get some of your expert opinions on him.
Thanks
3b9b463a.jpg

BUY HIM!!!! He looks like he would be a real good Feeder. He is very level and has some great angles, but is not too straight on either end as are so many steers. Fantastic front end, and plenty of muscle.

Cowboy 2.0":2d17qq7z said:
I would take AAOK's advice and buy him. I like him a lot.

I concur with that. I am no expert in steers, but he definantly catches your eye, and I know thats good. Looks to have good conformation and thickness, too.

I like him A LOT. I agree with all the others...buy him!!

I'm glad he decided to buy him very good choice. He has clean lines has good width he's level carries that muscle a good way down that back leg. Nice clean round shoulders good depth. Plus that white on his head will catch the judges eye ;-)

if you dont buy him i am flying over there to get him,in a couple of months with good feed he would be a hard steer to beat good luck and let us know how he goes.post some pictures after a few months.STOP THINKING GO BUY HIM BEFORE SOMONE ELSE SEES HIM!!! :shock:

Nice looking fella, he'd do quite well down here in Australia and would certainly beat quite a few of the steers shown around here.

i really like the white face i always think that thats really eye catching in the ring. He looks just like the steer that won our fair last year. He won grand at every show he was ever in. So good luck

He does look good but I'd sure want to see him move before I recommended you buy him. Make sure he doesn't turn out on his left front foot and make sure he moves freely. Judges are paying alot more attention to structural soundness these days.

I like him, I would like to see some pictures from other angles, Can not figure it out for sure but something just does not look right with the back legs. Maybe it is just a weird angle for the way he is standing. Maybe I just have fuzzy eyes this morning due to the fact I need to go to sleep.

But first glance he looks pretty powerful.

Well....we bought him! And another one too. Now I'm broke!! :lol:
We had to go to Northern CA. almost to the Oregon border to get them but we think it was worth the trip.
As soon as I can remember how to post pics I will post some new ones for you all to see and give your opinions.
My little Grandson is a busy boy right now. Up at 5am work the steers, off to school, homework then work the steers some more till it gets dark. Let me tell you he falls out when he goes to bed :lol: He is lovin it though.
Off to figure out how to post some pics!

He looks a little pinched in the flank on that top picture, but that may be because of the white underneath.

I think he's very nice.. you should do well with him.

Got to say he looked a lot better in the original picture. But we could not see his front end very good in that picture. He is a little sloppy up front. Could use some more extension up there and less leather.

Glad to see your Grandson is excited about him! That is what it is all about, anything that makes a kid get up at 5:00 a.m. to do some work is priceless! :)

Latest posts