went to auction yesterday

Help Support CattleToday:

brownmule

Reaction score
went to farm estate auction , thought it was an older couple, turns out it was people my age. mid 40's . was so sad, they had just got thair farm in order,buildings barns, and equpt. 4 months ago the husband was taking care if a dead cow,he got off the tractor and the bull went totaly crazy. tossed him around and stomped him was about 40 ft from tractor when his wife found him, they had some kind of dairy cows, they had the neatest milking barn, and was building more on the big barn. they sold every thing, gives me a new outlook on those cows...watch em! and move them out of the field when something like that happens.

brownmule":aruko807 said:
went to farm estate auction , thought it was an older couple, turns out it was people my age. mid 40's . was so sad, they had just got thair farm in order,buildings barns, and equpt. 4 months ago the husband was taking care if a dead cow,he got off the tractor and the bull went totaly crazy. tossed him around and stomped him was about 40 ft from tractor when his wife found him,

Just one of my experiences. Several years back had to put a cow down and unknowingly in the process got some blood on a tractor tire. Had parked the tractor in the barnyard while doing something else. The Bull I had at the time happened by the tractor, smelled the blood and freaked. He really carried on. Since, I've never let a Bull around close to similiar situations.

fitz

it was in ready wv, first time i had ever been to that place, was a 2 1/2 hour drive from us... Gwen Karnes. you could tell that they had worked very hard to get the operation up and running..had a grain mixer.. huge thing that went for $100 i couldnt belive it. 10 ton grain storage silo thing tht went for 400..i know they had way more $ in the equipt than it brought.. goose neck stock trailer- $300.. Rose

I went to one in Cearfoss MD about three months ago. All equipment was very well maintained guy just got out of the dairy business at 92. Steel hay wagons $175, square baler $700, mix wagon $500, IH 1066 in good shape $4,200. I could not believe it!

All I can say is that when the auctioneer sings at our place...I'll have no regrets. All our equipment has paid for it's self twice over and owes me nothing...will hope that some other guy gets his $$$ out of it. Of course it will probably be an antique dealer who bids our stuff.
Susie has been talking about that 5th wheeler for some time now...planting the seeds I suspect.
That's the nice part of a good business plan, it has an exit stratgey.
Will probably want to keep a few head just to have something to talk with that agrees with me.
Dmc

Latest posts