Well...

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl_telly_369

Reaction score
I'm heading down the coast tomorrow after school, to attempt to fill my cow tag.
I'm fairly excited, first time. If I get nothing this weekend, I'm leaving again next Thursday or Friday until Christmas Eve!

I've hunted that coast a few times with my inlaws its awfully thick country but those roosevelts are big critters. I'm trying to remember where we went. I want to say we went past Wilemina and up in there somewhere, when we got up High we could see the coast. I've also been up Jewel way. Good Luck and stay dry.

Well...Looks like I'm going down there again on Wednesday after school. Saw one herd on Saturday..a mile and a half away. The bull saw the truck and they took off into the timber. Couldn't find them again. Yesterday, all I saw was tracks.

cowgirl_telly_369":3gv367ll said:
I'm heading down the coast tomorrow after school, to attempt to fill my cow tag.
I'm fairly excited, first time. If I get nothing this weekend, I'm leaving again next Thursday or Friday until Christmas Eve!

Cow Tag? Is that a figure of speech? I'm puzzled?

Out west you have a tag that you place on the critter after you shoot it. THis is so you can only shoot One. Back east they just hand you a license and say shoot.

John..hahaha.. me too. I'm sitting here thinking "nobody's herd is safe". Better put all the cows in the barn.

It is a tag for a cow elk. Elk come in cows and bulls, not bucks and does. They generally have a drawing for a limited number of cows for an area.

Dave":2lzabtie said:
It is a tag for a cow elk. Elk come in cows and bulls, not bucks and does. They generally have a drawing for a limited number of cows for an area.

Thank you, Dave. When people talk about a tag I automatically think deer.

Welp..
I was able to get into shooting position. On the second to last day.
But they ran into the trees to fast, when I was ready to shoot.
It's fine though, I got plenty of pictures, and just went out and had a good time.

Latest posts