Well it is finally here

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
Last night the sign on the one and only gas station in my town read regular gas $4.02 and diesel was $4.98. So gas is now over $4 and diesel is spitting distance from $5. My driving has slowed down. Any guesses on where it will stop at?

It was 3.73 yesterday when I decided to top off. Thing is, I have to take my son to Corsicana to see his dad this weekend and that's gonna use up half a tank just getting him there and back.

How can people be expected to make ends meet like this? How long can this go on before people can't afford to buy gas for their cars to get to work? Before it isn't worth leaving the house to go work because it costs more in gas than they earn?

I keep thinking that someone in charge will do something, but no one does.

The I remember that our fearless leaders make their fortunes off oil.

Nuff said... :devil2:

Dave":2mijo40f said:
Last night the sign on the one and only gas station in my town read regular gas $4.02 and diesel was $4.98. So gas is now over $4 and diesel is spitting distance from $5. My driving has slowed down. Any guesses on where it will stop at?

I'm thinking about getting a loan at the bank for 1 million dollars, and investing in a company that makes signs. All of these gas stations only have room for three numbers on their signs, and at the rate we are going, they will need 4. :lol2: :lol2:

Wait a minute..... :eek: :( :( :help: :frowns:

Don't blame the oil companies and don't ask for help from the government. We'll really be in a pickle then. Supply and demand can sometimes be a B_ _ ch. We're now having to live with what most of the world has lived with for as long as they can remember.

A couple weeks ago I did what a lot of people are going to have to do. I bit the bullet and traded off my Ranger pickup that was my general run around rig for a gas mileage car. That 4X4 Ranger got 20 MPG on a good day. This little car got 36 MPG on the first tank. It has been a long time since I drove a car and it doesn't replace the Ranger 100% but for driving to work, the store, etc which is 90% of my driving it works just fine.

Dave":1rvznep5 said:
A couple weeks ago I did what a lot of people are going to have to do. I bit the bullet and traded off my Ranger pickup that was my general run around rig for a gas mileage car. That 4X4 Ranger got 20 MPG on a good day. This little car got 36 MPG on the first tank. It has been a long time since I drove a car and it doesn't replace the Ranger 100% but for driving to work, the store, etc which is 90% of my driving it works just fine.

Wife has taken a job in the small town close to where we live, rather than drive 50+ miles each day. A little less pay, but we'll still come out ahead. I am going to buy a car that gets 30+mpg to drive to and from work. I drive an F150 now, but it would save my about $35/week with $3.50 fuel, and who knows where it will stop. Maybe I could talk the bank into supplying me with a vehicle to drive. Or not. :dunce:

bandit80":20tw0qyw said:
Dave":20tw0qyw said:

Wife has taken a job in the small town close to where we live, rather than drive 50+ miles each day. A little less pay, but we'll still come out ahead. I am going to buy a car that gets 30+mpg to drive to and from work. I drive an F150 now, but it would save my about $35/week with $3.50 fuel, and who knows where it will stop. Maybe I could talk the bank into supplying me with a vehicle to drive. Or not. :dunce:

Bandit...get the delinquent list out, check the make and model of the collateral and "hand pick" your repo... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":7yp2m4e2 said:
bandit80":7yp2m4e2 said:
Dave":7yp2m4e2 said:

Bandit...get the delinquent list out, check the make and model of the collateral and "hand pick" your repo... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

How 'bout a '98 Pontiac grand am?? Do they get good gas mileage?

hmmmm don't know about the milage but the resale value (aka repo value) should be low. You could probalby get a steal on it, make yourself a low rate loan and throw in a couple hundred for gas. :clap:

at our local gas station in town diesel was $4.99. the bigger gas stations arnt that high yet. i think regualar gas is $3.69. i heard that if a hurricane hits the gulf gas will rise to over 7 dollars. i know me and my family wont be able to afford that.

We had to find a way to cut the pocket book also. My kids are now riding the bus home from school. To bad they get out next week, so much for my big money saving plan.

petrol (gas) has gone up again here also, wish ours was as low as yours, convertion prices.....

unleaded regular...£1.13 litre..........super unleaded £1.15 litre....diesel....£1.35 litre....

A Gallon Of Petrol = $8.53....Remember, we buy our petrol in litres: 1 US gallon = 3.78541178 litre 1 litre of regular unleaded = £1.13 I did the sum of 1.13 x 3.78 = £4.27 per US gallon ...

£1 = $1.97.....and it is said to be going up again very shortly. :frowns:

"Necessity is the mother of invention".

I can't wait for the solution.

I'm still running on cheap fuel - somewhere around $2.70/gal. Unfortunately the tanks are sounding rather low and the inevitable is drawing near. (anyone want to invest in JoCorp?)

Jogeephus":1iacgmqs said:
I'm still running on cheap fuel - somewhere around $2.70/gal. Unfortunately the tanks are sounding rather low and the inevitable is drawing near. (anyone want to invest in JoCorp?)

$2.89 here.

Wewild":mwfmq9xh said:
Jogeephus":mwfmq9xh said:

$2.89 here.

Are you beginning to get that cringing feeling in your gut and wallet like I am? This will be one big lick here. Heck, I was hesitant about filling them up the last time kept figuring it would go down. Glad I did it when I did but hope I won't be able to say that again after this filling.

Jogeephus":1wfzgp9t said:
Are you beginning to get that cringing feeling in your gut and wallet like I am? This will be one big lick here. Heck, I was hesitant about filling them up the last time kept figuring it would go down. Glad I did it when I did but hope I won't be able to say that again after this filling.

I thought $2.89 was high in December. We got about 300 gallons left.

Just filled the bulk tanks here. Figured it wasn't going to get cheaper. Farm Diesel was $1.167 per litre ($4.41 CDN per gallon). Dyed gas for farm use was $1.107 per litre ($4.18 CDN per gallon). Right now the two dollars are close to par. Rumor has it that diesel will be over $1.50 per litre by late summer. This far north you have to make a fair bit of feed to get your cows through the winter. Heck, I'm still feeding hay, as are lots of neighbors. Only cows not being fed are the places that have run out of hay.

John

Latest posts