Welcome to Springer Farms Charolais

Help Support CattleToday:

Wisteria Farms

Reaction score
I hope this isn't odd... but friends of ours just joined cattletoday and I just wanted all you Charolais people to be sure to say hello and make them welcome. They are absolutely wonderful people... the type that will drop what they're doing to help when you call (I know this from experience!). Thanks so much & God Bless! Angie @ Wisteria Farms.

Well, it is a little bit odd as there is also a Springer Farms Murray Grey that is a member of these boards. Mike, you didn't change breeds did you?

murray grey, charolais x angus...
same thing.
24.gif

msscamp":3lp4efz2 said:
Well, it is a little bit odd as there is also a Springer Farms Murray Grey that is a member of these boards. Mike, you didn't change breeds did you?

Msscamp.... no its not the same as Springer Farms Murray Grey...haha. However, when we decided on Murray's we laughed when we saw "Springer Farms Murray Greys" as we had friends who are Springer Farms Charolais! Funny coincedence. Different animals though! Our friends have a Charolais bull "Colorado" who is just HUGE!! I tease Jan and call him the Titanic as that's what it felt like when he walked by me!! Thanks for giving them a hello... I know she's busy at work but will be burnin up these boards in no time!

msscamp":3b5dszlu said:

All of my cattle aren't Charolais and never have been. I've done quite well in mongrelizing some cattle in my day. :lol:

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":u9b7n7m1 said:
Welcome aboard.....could I interest you in some good Murray Grey cattle? ;-)

Hey!! Now, if you interest THEM in some Murray's then I'll be competing against a good friend! I'm the one starting a Murray Grey herd, you can interest ME! haha. Actually its funny, our girls (age 16) have gone to school together since about 3rd grade. Jan and I decided next summer she and I are going to try our hand at showing and hopefully kick those girls butts! We'll all be in AOB anyway. I'm going to have to call and tell her there's lots of people looking to say hello....she needs to get to posting!!

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":c7cjdw8o said:
Welcome aboard.....could I interest you in some good Murray Grey cattle? ;-)

Forgot to mention, we were just in Branson last weekend...wish I would have known your location and I would have made an appointment to meet you...!

Santas and Duhram Reds":t7yv9wvo said:
Murray Grey is not Char. X Angus. It is Shorthorn X Angus.

Here's a link to the website of the son of the founder of
the Murray Grey breed, i.e. Murray Sutherland, son of
Helen sutherland:

http://www.michaelong.com.au/

click on the "history" tab. It is correct to say that the
original original cross was a shorthorn cow x angus bull(s)....
however that was over 100 years ago. The purebred
Murray Greys are not crossbreeds. But then again, I guess
all breeds were "originally" crossed with something--then
defined and refined by a specific breeding plan/program.

Welcome. I've brought a few Charolais and Char cross cattle to town in my day and have come out all right on them. :D :D

Latest posts