we just bought the most amazing steer!

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

This little steer was 6mths old, about waist height and weighed 306 kgs! we weighed him twice because we couldn't believe it and even weighed the stocky to make sure!!!hehe :). So at 11mths on age he will be competing at the royal show in the heavyweight section. pretty amazing don't you agree?

[email protected]

Waist high? That could be anywhere from 31 to 40 inches tall.(77 to 100 cm.)

At 31 inches he doesn't even reach frame score 1. At 40 inches he is a 3.5. At that frame, he will never be a contender, his carcass would be too fat at too small of a weight.

Jason

[email protected]

he is waist high yes (i'm 170cm) and is 6 MTHS OLD! so he's only young and he isn't fat. it is muscle with about 6mm of fat. at 306kg he's a brick

That changes his frame score how? So your average height, how tall is waist high? 85 cm? 100? I gave you his frame score, I don't dispute his weight. All I'm saying is he will be very overfat by the time he is slaughter weight.

6mm is slaughter fat thickness. If he is there now, he will only get fatter as he gets older.

Steers should weigh 1200 pounds or more (545 kg) before they have deposited 6mm (1/4 inch) of backfat.

Jason

[email protected]

I don't think Jason is the naive one here. Make sure you have the age right and best of luck at your show. What breed is it supposed to be? Sounds like maybe its a lowline.

> That changes his frame score how?
> So your average height, how tall
> is waist high? 85 cm? 100? I gave
> you his frame score, I don't
> dispute his weight. All I'm saying
> is he will be very overfat by the
> time he is slaughter weight.

> 6mm is slaughter fat thickness. If
> he is there now, he will only get
> fatter as he gets older.

> Steers should weigh 1200 pounds or
> more (545 kg) before they have