WD 45. Carburetor problem

Help Support CattleToday:

lakeviewwalker

Reaction score
My tractor fires but will not stay running I have fuel to carburetor before I dig into it any tips or suggestions

Gas is fresh maybe two weeks old I use tractor on a regular basis. I am just a hobby farmer and it's my only tractor so it gets used often it has always ran great just like flipping a switch it quit

If it quit like flipping a switch, I would be just as suspect of ignition problem.
Give it shot of starter fluid if it fires you know it's a fuel problem.
If not pull a plug wire and check for spark work back from there

For some reason either float or needle was stuck . Once I took it apart it was unstuck. I wasn't able to tell that anything was in the bowl. I mixed in some sea foam and hopefully doesn't happen again

Glad to hear you have it running. Install a filter if it doesn't have one, those gas tanks have a lot of trash. Easiest carb in the world to work on. If float gets stuck, carb usually floods visibly, and only runs wide open. Tapping with a hammer will sometimes dislodge it in the field and get you back. Could have also been trash in the jet which drained out when you took it apart. All my stuff is old too.

Can you imagine one of those computerized new kubotas still running 60 years from now? Me neither. I sure could use one though.