watch and be amazed

Help Support CattleToday:

Read on Fox News he's going to work for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Good luck to him, hopefully he can keep it straight. :clap:

He was a readio announcer that got into booze and drugs and lost everything and now he's straightened out. So what's the big deal?

The big deal is the message-man. Its never to late to turn your life around, plus it was just that the guy was homeless, holding up a sign, and when he talked it seemed like that voice should not be coming from him-kind of like Susan Boyle.
Everyone likes a feel good story, and I say more power to him, he kicked the addiction, hope he doesn't fall back on that, and makes a go of his new life.

dun":16w1v43w said:
He was a readio announcer that got into booze and drugs and lost everything and now he's straightened out. So what's the big deal?
well his golden voice didnt get him a job as quick as it did obama.... but i hope him the best

Why is everybody fawning over this guy? Because he has a "radio voice"? So do lots of other people. Because he's the newest internet sensation? They come and go faster than you can blink. Because he was homeless? There are millions of them out there. Why don't they get on the Today Show? You want a REAL feel good story? How about this one:

A viral video vaulted Ted Williams and his golden voice to fame, but the real hero of this story is the woman he left behind.

Patricia Kirtley raised four daughters alone after Williams split 23 years ago and dove down the rabbit hole of drugs.

Not only that, Kirtley took in the baby boy the radioman had with another woman and raised him as her own.

Oh, and by the way, she's partially blind.

"We survived," Kirtley said Thursday in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. "My children are survivors. They know if we get a little bit that God provides, we make it into a lot. I'm a soup maker. I make potato soup and throw in a lot of vegetables and a little meat. We always ate."

Except that Williams, who seems to be a nice guy, just wasn't strong, wasn't around and wasn't contributing financially.

Kirtley had to go on the dole. "I still remember my case number," she says ruefully. She eventually went to school and got licensed as a blind vendor.

"My mother and sisters pitched in and drove me because I can't see to drive," said Kirtley, now 58, over a din of some of her 16 grandchildren playing.

As if that weren't enough, Kirtley said two of her sisters and a cousin each took in a child Williams and his druggie girlfriend couldn't, or wouldn't, care for.

"I didn't want to see those children in no foster home," she said.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/06/ted- ... 3%7C194169

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... f_the.html

ALACOWMAN":24vlvxbq said:
dun":24vlvxbq said:
well his golden voice didnt get him a job as quick as it did obama.... but i hope him the best

And he even looks a lot like him too. :D

Latest posts