Was not my day today!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
I was grinding some plow bolts off and the angle grinder got away from me and ran up my arm taking skin with it.So i went to the house to clean up my arm and stop the bleeding.Washed it out with soapy water.The soap on my arm didn't feel to good.
Then washed it out with peroxide.Peroxide stung a little.
Then Got out what I thought was neosporin and put it on the skinned places.
Now I'm here to tell you DO NOT PUT ORAGEL ON A OPEN WOUND.
Man I'm telling you I just about destroyed the whole bathroom.
That stuff burns!!!!

Cal

better than putting bengay on it. i know you have some laying around at your age and all

hillsdown":16x11xyf said:
Peroxide it , bleed it out peroxide again and the wrap it tight with electrical tape . :nod:

So THAT is how Canada provides universal health care. In the US we'd use some special tape that costs $5000/ft.

calman, your so luck that is all you done with the thing, angle grinders can be lethal, my cousins husband lost his finger cause one of those things went away with him.
Hope you heal quick, take care.... :heart: Chris.

............"So THAT is how Canada provides universal health care. In the US we'd use some special tape that costs $5000/ft."...........

Ain't it de troot! I have a piece of metal about 1/2" x 3/4" and 6 screws in my neck to hold my head on. Even the surgeon that did the installation could not believe that this hardware cost over $36,000.

And we wonder what the problem is with health care in the U. S................

Cal you must have had a touch of rain in the last two months. I wouldn't think of plowing at the moment. Every time a cow steps top soil blows away. The cactus (prickly pear) hasn't died and turned purple yet this time.

I'm dumping cows. Thank goodness the prices are holding. Gonna cut all the way back to 36 cows.

backhoeboogie":tpw3dzds said:
Cal you must have had a touch of rain in the last two months. I wouldn't think of plowing at the moment. Every time a cow steps top soil blows away. The cactus (prickly pear) hasn't died and turned purple yet this time.

I'm dumping cows. Thank goodness the prices are holding. Gonna cut all the way back to 36 cows.

It's the same here.Don't see doing any plowing for quite a while.I was just doing some back burner jobs.
By the way Boogie where ya been?

Cal

Ouch, that made my eyes water.

Health industry is a bit different over here. In Qld it is free to ring the ambulance. We have to pay for it every quarter on our electricity bills whether we use it or not.

You would have been rushed to emergency and free for a doctor to look at you. The catch is how long until a doctor looks at you. Bleeding out and fainting in the waiting room might get you looked at faster.

Suzie Q":9hupn8w5 said:
Ouch, that made my eyes water.

Health industry is a bit different over here. In Qld it is free to ring the ambulance. We have to pay for it every quarter on our electricity bills whether we use it or not.

You would have been rushed to emergency and free for a doctor to look at you. The catch is how long until a doctor looks at you. Bleeding out and fainting in the waiting room might get you looked at faster.
That sounds about right for here to...the waiting around in waiting room, the ambulance is free if you can get one to come out in the first place, they seem to only come out for heart attacks and breathing difficulties now.

Calman":c9h7k2sa said:
By the way Boogie where ya been?

Cal

Getting on here a bit less but still getting on Cal. Hauling water, hauling cows, hauling hay and taking care of two grandsons full time along with my full time job leaves me little time. There is a lot of day light now so I am not on here as much in the evenings.

Latest posts