Warts

Help Support CattleToday:

seanlong

Reaction score
Does any one know of any new technology for getting rid of cattle warts? I have cut them off and made the cattle eat them, and I have also put ointment on them. I have show cattle and they have a few warts on thier face, nothing bad but they are unsightly. If anyone knows how to get rid of them please inform.

I had some warts this spring that started to pop on some feeder cattle. When I sold them, I had to had them vet certified to go across state line, and I asked the vet about them at that time. He said you cut them off and then there is a vaccine to give them. I didn't do this as I was selling them. This was the first time I had them, he also said it usually occurs in young stock, and as they mature they develop a natural immunity to them. Hope this can help you out.

Sean,

There was a similar post a couple of weeks ago. You may try doing a search on this board to see what some of the replies were.

Like Mitchwi, stated there is a vaccine. I had a heifer that developed warts several years ago (not a show calf) and they went away on their own in time.

Same as with A6gal, we bought some heifers that developed warts, some we cut off and some just went away on their own. It's no big deal with us so we just leave them alone. Seems like the spring of the year brings them out, just and observation up here....

ollie":2uf6ksp8 said:
http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7553&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

:lol: i know this surfaces every so often, but i have to admit... i have heard of feeding the warts to them for years.. never tried it, but have heard of it often..
for all i know, it could just be an old wives tale.. but then again, i dont know.. :lol:

jt

Medic24":cy207jaw said:
hey anyone got a recipe for wart stew? eeeewww! lol :cboy:

INGREDIENTS:

1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
16 Warts Diced Finely
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons oil
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with juice
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
2 to 3 carrots, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
2 ribs celery, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
3 ounces of wagon wheel pasta, cooked
LMAO

Dre":2kgocobb said:
Medic24":2kgocobb said:
hey anyone got a recipe for wart stew? eeeewww! lol :cboy:

INGREDIENTS:

1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
16 Warts Diced Finely
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons oil
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with juice
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
2 to 3 carrots, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
2 ribs celery, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
3 ounces of wagon wheel pasta, cooked
LMAO

That almost the same recipe we use for "Pasta Placenta"!

Just add 2 lbs. of chopped Cotyledons and pasta of your choice.

And some of Ya'll thought the roadkill in the redneck topic a while back was gross. :lol:

Bama":3vvsol0g said:
And some of Ya'll thought the roadkill in the redneck topic a while back was gross. :lol:

That's OK Bama. If you think pasta is gross you can always replace it with rice! ;-)

Latest posts