warts on cow

Help Support CattleToday:

scf84

Reaction score
is there anykind of meds to give cows with warts? i have always been told to leave them alone and let them fall off on there own, and the few cows that have had them before have always went away on there own. i have a calf now little under a yr old that has had them for around 6 months now and is the most i have ever seen a cow have. she has them on neck and butt. noticed yesterday she has a smell coming from her im guessing from the warts being infected.

Crush/pull off a few warts with pliers. This will cause a little bleeding, which is needed to get the wart virus into their blood system so immune system can then attack other warts. If want to can cut off other warts while in the chute. Either way over a few months the warts should die and disintegrate.

There is also a vaccine you can buy to get rid of the warts too. Not sure name right off but I bought some from Valley Vet last year.

I've had a few get them from year to year. We did nothing a d they went away. Vet said same about a vaccinations, but said it's fine to also just let them get rid of them on their own so long as they are not on the eyes.

Latest posts