Warning to the Beginners and Wantabees.

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy":uyahlwk5 said:
sounds like it might be worth my while to drive way out there to pick up a few brahmans. cant find any around these parts anyway.

Hey Beefy just jump in your truck and head down to the Lake City market. You will find some nice Brammer, and Brangus cows/calves there. ;-)

I went to a herd dispersal sale last night and thought I'd buy some bargins, well it didn't happen. People acted as if they'd never see another cow or calf again. We're in the middle of a drought and winter here but I guess they know more than I do. Glad to know someone is able to buy a bargin here and there.

flaboy+":2cmo1jwz said:
Beefy":2cmo1jwz said:
sounds like it might be worth my while to drive way out there to pick up a few brahmans. cant find any around these parts anyway.

Hey Beefy just jump in your truck and head down to the Lake City market. You will find some nice Brammer, and Brangus cows/calves there. ;-)

Flaboy; hope you're not really from Lake City! We may be KIN!! God forbid!!!! send me a pm.

I was shocked at how many head were sold at the Olden sale last week. Cross Plains, Carbon, Huckabee and all the other fires in Eastland and Erath Counties really did a number on the ranchers. I talked to one rancher who had a 1 1/2 mile of fence ripped down because the foresty service bull dozers wouldn't cut the wires, just ran thur it, dragged the wires ripping the fences down.

Well I'm late to the thread but the first thing I thought was "Dang! Look at the head on that thing!"

Psssst – hey Caustic. You did fair. I'll prove you're in the money with her. I'll give you $400 and you can clear a cool $20. But don't tell anybody.

jersey lilly":19x1ch74 said:
Navasota Salebarn had 2954 head. Lil bit higher than usual but not by that many.

Yall really might be suprised if you tried OK City. We average $15-$25 a cwt over the local barns in NE Texas (yes $100 per head!) Several local truckers have started gathering calves from local ranchers (10 head or more) and charging $10.00 to $15.00 per head freight. The commission is so low that I can almost pay for the freight with the commission I save. Monday OK City had sales of 16,200 head with another 590 (cows, pairs, bulls) selling on Tuesday. Give it a try, you migh be suprised!

Latest posts