Warning, I'm so stupid

Help Support CattleToday:

plumber_greg

Reaction score
Bought my helper,Sara, a joke christmas gift off the internet. It asked for a phone number, I thought nothing about it, so like an idiot I typed in my business cell phone number. Today was the second time I cussed some telemarketer and told them to take me off any list they had, this was a business phone. Man, what kind of an idiot did I prove to be. I give my number to various supply house all the time to confirm orders, just didn't think. Anyone got any suggestions? gs

plumber_greg":1z931hko said:
Bought my helper,Sara, a joke christmas gift off the internet. It asked for a phone number, I thought nothing about it, so like an idiot I typed in my business cell phone number. Today was the second time I cussed some telemarketer and told them to take me off any list they had, this was a business phone. Man, what kind of an idiot did I prove to be. I give my number to various supply house all the time to confirm orders, just didn't think. Anyone got any suggestions? gs
you can put your cell # on the "do not call list" now do that and tell them they are going to be reported to the AG and I bet the calls stop

I'm gonna' get it on the no call list, my home phone number is on it. The trouble is the companies that don't care. I've reported Reader's Digest twice for calling me at home. Got a response from Jeff City saying they took care of it. Reader's Digest just don't care. My mistake, and I'll live with it. Just hate that I'm gonna' probably end up getting the calls from the exempt people, like firefighters and police. Why can't they just leave us alone? gs

Did you fellow Missourians know that cell numbers are not accepted by Mo. NoCall? Went around it by suppling my middle initial, I'll see if it works. It's gonna' be April 1 before it's in effect. Gonna' cuss a lot of innocent people between now and then. gs

plumber_greg":2k22xvrx said:
Did you fellow Missourians know that cell numbers are not accepted by Mo. NoCall? Went around it by suppling my middle initial, I'll see if it works. It's gonna' be April 1 before it's in effect. Gonna' cuss a lot of innocent people between now and then. gs

Try this one - it's the federal do not call list, and it is for mobile and home numbers.

https://www.donotcall.gov/register/reg.aspx

Thanks, I did it this morn. Put all numbers on it. Lesson learned, from now on I gonna' use Angus Cowmans number for the contact info. Anyone else need the number? gs

plumber_greg":16q49ely said:
Thanks, I did it this morn. Put all numbers on it. Lesson learned, from now on I gonna' use Angus Cowmans number for the contact info. Anyone else need the number? gs

Thanks but I've already got it off the bathroom wall at the truck stop in Joplin. Looked like dun's chicken scratch.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3ehksevp said:
Thanks, mscamp. I added my elderly mom (90) to my cell phone account & purchased her a phone - so I was able to add her number to this list. That was quick & easy.

No problem. :)

Be thankful you didn't give your number top the NRA. They are relentless. Always some dior emergency where they need you immediate donation to greese the wheels of Washington. Day or night they will call you. In just a short time their calls could even make you anti-gun.

My home phone is on the all the no-call lists. Just last night I got two calls in a row. One was from Whirlpool wanting to know if I wanted an extended warranty on my washer, the other was something about some research. Both excempt from the no call list. Man, I hate those people, even if it's not their fault, they hate me after the cussing. gs

Well,you're cussing out some poor smuk who has nothing to do with who's on the list they're given.
You're not reaching,in any way,form or fashion who you're unhappy with,all you're doing is giving someone who's at least trying to feed their kids grief. You can say No,thank you and hang up. Think about what you're REALLY doing.

I agree with ya Peg.Like cussing a waitress for the way your food was cooked.
But on the other hand I still don't like someone interupting the privacy of my home trying to get me to donate money or trying to sell me something. :mad:

Cal

I just ask if they are aware of the peneltys for calling someone on the no call list. They hang up in a heart beat and don;t call back

Latest posts