wanted to kill a jackass today

Help Support CattleToday:

M5farm

Reaction score
I was putting out some feed in the lot today to wean a couple of calves. My jenny was eating and I was headed back to to tractor I walked behind her thinking I was far enough away and all of a sudden bam she kicked and hit me square in my left thigh. I took 4 or 5 more steps and had to lay down. Leg was throbbing and I was as sick to my stomach as I have ever been. Took me about 10 min to recuperate and the b even came over to me like nothing happened. If I would have had my pistol I would have put a cap in her. Can't wait till tomorrow I'm sure it will feel a lot worse.

Your pistol is in the house isn't it? This could have been worse. I wouldn't own one of those things if you paid me.

I carry a pistol everywhere I go she would have not been killed instantly but shot in the gut so she could suffer same way as i did from her kick I do not play that game with stuff I feed and care for.

M5farm":3bxja9lj said:
I was putting out some feed in the lot today to wean a couple of calves. My jenny was eating and I was headed back to to tractor I walked behind her thinking I was far enough away and all of a sudden bam she kicked and hit me square in my left thigh. I took 4 or 5 more steps and had to lay down. Leg was throbbing and I was as sick to my stomach as I have ever been. Took me about 10 min to recuperate and the b even came over to me like nothing happened. If I would have had my pistol I would have put a cap in her. Can't wait till tomorrow I'm sure it will feel a lot worse.

From personal experience if you run over one with a tractor they will give you a wide bearth.
That leg needs to be looked at by a Dr. take no chances on a blood clot.

It would be her last day on my place.

I will not allow an animal like that to be here. It could have been one of my grandchildren and I will never take the chance. She'd be DEAD, or she'd be GONE.

LazyARanch":2hqvjz00 said:
It would be her last day on my place.

I will not allow an animal like that to be here. It could have been one of my grandchildren and I will never take the chance. She'd be DEAD, or she'd be GONE.

Dead and gone to a big ol hole..

Not as sore as I thought it would be this morning. I rubbed it real good with turpentine last night. I've been kicked plenty in my life but never like this I can only assume she hit the muscle perfect. I am going to get it looked at today. She will get a pass this time I had observed the jack trying to "worry" her yesterday morning so I can assume she thought he was sneaking up on her again.

M5farm":daxk9d9a said:
Not as sore as I thought it would be this morning. I rubbed it real good with turpentine last night. I've been kicked plenty in my life but never like this I can only assume she hit the muscle perfect. I am going to get it looked at today. She will get a pass this time I had observed the jack trying to "worry" her yesterday morning so I can assume she thought he was sneaking up on her again.
aint no donkey fan, but my old rope horse kicked me once doing the same thing.. both of us werent paying attention... cause he seem to pull his punch the second he figured out it was me and not one of the other horses which is what he thought i was... i was in his blind spot

I got kicked square on the front of my left shin by a 1100 pound heifer a couple of years ago. No meat there to take the impact. By all rights it should have broken my leg. A knot popped up on it the size of a minature football. I lost my mind for about 5 minutes and was in a whole nother world.

Circle H Ranch

Latest posts