Wanted to brag on my boy a little...

Help Support CattleToday:

M.Magis

Reaction score
After shooting a small buck and doe his first couple seasons, my 10 year old has been dead set on getting a "nice" buck. He's insisted on going every conceivable minute the last two years, hunting in weather from 70 degrees to -3 degrees, and to his credit never complained once. He's been ready to pull the trigger a number of times and for various reasons it's just never worked out. It finally did last night. I doubt he'd admit it, but he almost cried he was so happy.

mrwf2q.jpg

M.Magis":11u5ivh1 said:
After shooting a small buck and doe his first couple seasons, my 10 year old has been dead set on getting a "nice" buck. He's insisted on going every conceivable minute the last two years, hunting in weather from 70 degrees to -3 degrees, and to his credit never complained once. He's been ready to pull the trigger a number of times and for various reasons it's just never worked out. It finally did last night. I doubt he'd admit it, but he almost cried he was so happy.

mrwf2q.jpg

Fantastic! That is a very heavy whitetail. You rarely see one here that mature.

That is one VERY OUTSTANDING Buck. Congratulations to him. Beautifully matched antlers from what I can see. Looks like a very good shot too. Bet he will be good eating by the looks of his body size.

Thanks all. He's still excited, and I think he liked the attention he got from the teachers and kids at school. His best friend told everyone and he had quite the crowd looking at his pictures. The thing had a surprise for me when I went to cape it out, a softball sized pocket of infection/puss behind his antlers. I poked the scalpel in and the shyt spewed all over. Had to take it outside and actually pour the stuff out. Dam near lost my supper, that infection smell it tough for me to take. Also only had one good eye, the left one was hard like a rock.

5S Cattle":3ah9ln5k said:
Heckuva deer. Congrats to your son. You didn't weigh it by chance did you?
Afraid not. My scale crapped itself a while back and I never replaced it. I wish I had now, this was probably the biggest deer I've hung in several years.

Why can't I view the image? Congratulations anyway. Always awesome to see kids in the woods. I personally think it's more important than a lot of people do. Great skills are developed and unforgettable memories are made.

M.Magis":wac1uwhn said:
Not sure whats wrong, I can see it okay. Does this one work?

IMG-0995.jpg

Yes sir. I can see that one :tiphat:
What a pig! That is a true bruiser for anywhere in the country. Congratulate him for me as well. Awesome buck.

Latest posts