Wanted-pictures or designs of corrals

Help Support CattleToday:

carla

Reaction score
Just recently bought a place that has a nice set of pens and sorting areas. However it does not have a squeeze chute, crowding alley or tub. I am purchasing a complete system to install. However I am having trouble coming up with some ideas of the best way to make it work. I would love to see pictures of everybody's corral systems/working areas. Thanks so much for your help!!

Some mighty interesting & informative sites! It seems the folk that provide answers on this site are most knowledgeable - thanks & keep it up.[/quote]

Carla

Call up all possible vendors. Have them come out and create a design for you. Have them give you a price. They will do this.

Pick the one you like best.

Gets you best price, ideas from experts and first hand knowledge of the equipment.

Bez

I called the Extension Center, they sent out an instructor from the university who took measurments of an old shed on the place, my squeeze chute, and scale, and talked to me about what I wanted to use my working facilities for, then in 3 weeks I had 3 designs from various students, and at no charge. I am making a working tub from the bottoms of old grain bins. $6 per section, free rail road ties, and some old gates I found on the place. It can be done fairly inexpensively.

With the cost of steel what it is today, this may be the best design. :D

bc1831.jpg

Sub soil that is a good looking design. I recently purchased abook for 10 buck called Corrals. Had some good designs, gave a price of each based on 2004 averages up in Canada.

Scotty

Never mind, since this is such an old thread, and the info is posted elsewhere anyway.
Thanks Alan--just saw the newest post and never realized how old the original question was.. :oops: :oops: :oops:

:tiphat: this thought I would point out that all but the last two post are almost nine years old.

Latest posts