Walmart Beef

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't have that option. Well, I do, but the alternative is to drive an additional 2 hours to the nearest Target. I make a point of supporting our local stores, even if it is more expensive, but they have an extremely limited inventory; sometimes you gotta bite the bullet.

I never shopped at Wal-Mart until we moved here, so I'm not sure how it is in big cities or other locations, but our local store strongly supports the community by participating in &/or sponsoring fundraisers.
I get it if you don't have any other options. Between our local farm supply store and a local employee owned grocery store chain. I can get all the every day things we need. The grocery store is always having non-profit organizations bagging groceries for donations.

GREED!
Walmart cares not about its employees or its customers.
All it cares about is money.
It didnt used to be that way. Walmart is not the only one guilty of this btw.
Theres a lot to be said for a company that takes care of its employees and its customers and still makes a comfortable living providing a needed service. A lot has to do with morals, values and many other things that walmart cannot grasp any longer.
They put money above everything else, and that's not how a business should be run imo.

I choose to do my business elsewhere even if it costs a few cents more....

I'm not sure how it is elsewhere but Wal-Mart is trash around here. HEB is where you go for good groceries.

I thought this was a strange partnership with 44Farms and kind of makes me question 44 Farms. I just cant see any thing good come out of Wal-Mart.
Heb has always been our go to. Simply because of their support of Texas. But they have jumped on the anti conservative bandwagon with the my pillow exile. I will no longer darken their doors.
On a brighter side my family, my employees and my dog all have new my pillows on the way. Bought direct from my pillow. Lol

I don't shop at Walmart. My shadow doesn't darken their door. At first because they sell cheap junk. Even in the case of name brand stuff the manufacturers have to cheapen up their product to be able to get a contract selling it to Walmart. Now I don't because it is over 50 miles to the nearest Walmart. For groceries Albertsons and Safeway are half that distance.

Heb has always been our go to. Simply because of their support of Texas. But they have jumped on the anti conservative bandwagon with the my pillow exile. I will no longer darken their doors.
On a brighter side my family, my employees and my dog all have new my pillows on the way. Bought direct from my pillow. Lol
That was sad and I ordered some pillows also... just cause. 🇺🇸

HEBs reaction to Harvey was above and beyond so I'm going to cut them a little slack... for now.

There is a shortage of people in the world who choose to do the right thing.
Illegal deforestation occurring in Brazil is wrong, but what companies are benefiting from this? Is this information on the Internet?

Environmentalists are always quick to "shish kabob" cattle. Transportation, electricity, and industry are the biggest polluting sectors according to the EPA. Whether it is real or fake, meat takes a lot of inputs to produce. For a change, I would like tree huggers to talk about climate change caused by metropolitan areas. I like seeing the land covered with grass, trees, and cattle. I don't see much carbon sequestration happening in the city. Do you really think the planet is meant to be covered in concrete?

Environmentalists are always quick to "shish kabob" cattle. Transportation, electricity, and industry are the biggest polluting sectors according to the EPA. Whether it is real or fake, meat takes a lot of inputs to produce. For a change, I would like tree huggers to talk about climate change caused by metropolitan areas. I like seeing the land covered with grass, trees, and cattle. I don't see much carbon sequestration happening in the city. Do you really think the planet is meant to be covered in concrete?
You're right, the tree huggers love to bash the meat industry. Meatless Mondays are becoming a thing. What about rice? I've never heard anybody bashing the rice industry. I guess Riceless Tuesday just doesn't have the same ring.

Nearly 1/2 of the world's population is wholly dependent on rice as their staple food.
No reason to bash rice when it's that important to the world.
Nonetheless rice is responsible for far more methane than beef production. Yet it gets a free pass. Different farming practices could change that. But nobody cares. There's no cute fuzzy creatures to put on posters to melt peoples hearts.

edit to add: There is also the other half of the worlds population (the half that squawks about eating beef) that is not wholly dependant on rice as a staple that eats a substantial amount of the stuff.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how it is elsewhere but Wal-Mart is trash around here. HEB is where you go for good groceries.

I thought this was a strange partnership with 44Farms and kind of makes me question 44 Farms. I just cant see any thing good come out of Wal-Mart.
Don't think it is anything other then 44 Farms wants more money. They are 15 miles from me and their biggest motivation is money. (They have a store that sells prime beef rib eyes for $25/ pound.) Wal-Mart was needing a good supplier of high quality beef and 44 Farms was willing to meet their requirements. WM is shifting logistics concept to block chain processing but it requires suppliers to have certain things in place.

Don't think it is anything other then 44 Farms wants more money. They are 15 miles from me and their biggest motivation is money. (They have a store that sells prime beef rib eyes for $25/ pound.) Wal-Mart was needing a good supplier of high quality beef and 44 Farms was willing to meet their requirements. WM is shifting logistics concept to block chain processing but it requires suppliers to have certain things in place.
Got ya. Its definitely a PR shift. Looks like they have gotten some people to dress like sheep for them for sure.

The part they got right on the pod cast is they are known for junk meat but that is because they are a junk store. In this area they attract the low income people so unless they change that putting better beef on the shelf will not really appeal to their market.

Latest posts