Wait and see?

Help Support CattleToday:

NonTypicalCPA":1rm1k4rd said:
How does hardware kill? Does the object move into the organs over time?
Yes, most often the heart or diaphragm. It can also create an infection in the abdomen due to leakage of the rumen. When it punctures the heart it segues into coronary artery disease: think little old ladies with feet bulging out of their shoes or obvious swelling in their face/neck/hands. In a perfect world, the magnet would settle in the reticulum and trap any offending metal object and hefty antibiotics would knock out any infection. In the real world, glass, very sharp rocks, honey locust thorns, etc. can also cause hardware (clearly a subjective term) and it is possible for the magnet to pass through the reticulum. Welcome to my world.

A lot of the time the foreign body penetrates diaphragm and then the pericardium (the sac around the heart) and creates a suppurative infection around the heart of dried up puss that has a compressive effect on the heart causing the symptoms of congestive heart failure that TC has so aptly described.

Ken

wbvs58":2pznrem6 said:
A lot of the time the foreign body penetrates diaphragm and then the pericardium (the sac around the heart) and creates a suppurative infection around the heart of dried up puss that has a compressive effect on the heart causing the symptoms of congestive heart failure that TC has so aptly described.

Ken
Thank you for an official medical explanation! As opposed to my layman's description.

TCRanch":3oq0rro3 said:
wbvs58":3oq0rro3 said:

Ken
Thank you for an official medical explanation! As opposed to my layman's description.
You do well TC.

Ken

Latest posts