Wahl Switchblade Variable Speed Clipper

Help Support CattleToday:

CPL

Reaction score
I have a cow/calf pair that I will be showing a little bit this summer, and although I don't want a super duty clipper, I'd like to atleast get one that will get the job done without much complaints. For those that got the new Sullivan's Catalog, its on the New Product's page "D". What experiences have any of you guys had with clippers like it? Also which would be better narrow blade or wide blade?

Although I have an idea, if someone would like to make a comment about daliy care- I am all ears.

Thanks

I can't say anything about the clippers, as I've never used the smaller Wahl clippers. However, I have one set of Wahl blades, needed a sharp set in a hurry, and that was the only brand the store had. Quickest dulling blades I've ever used. usually a new set of blades, out of the package will last me atleast a couple shows. this set barely lasted a couple animals. If you buy those clippers i would buy an extra set of Oster blades.

I haven't used the Wahl clippers or blades myself either so can't help on that one. I've always used the Andis small clippers and have no complants. I think they are called the AGC. I prefer the wide blades over the narrow square blades. A set of Andis Super Blocking blades are great for blocking, clipping through glue, and shaping. The Oster Medium Wide blades are great for clipping close on necks a few days before showing.

i haven tgot my new one yet, but i have 2 sets of andis AGC and 2 pairs of the Andis AGC 2. they are great clippers. lot of power in asmall package. i have a couple sets of opti blocks, and then blending blades, 5/8 blades, t84, and i think it is called oster blocking blade

ok i found my new catalog i wouldn't go with those i would say go with The " Andis AGC Super 2 Speed Clipper" i would get the narrow blades and then the "Super Blocking" blade. this is on page 30. Is the calf a heifer, steer, or bull. if it is a heifer the above blades will be good. but if it is a steer or a bull, i would also say get the "5/8 HT".
With my cow calf pairs depending on the size. If the cow is halter broke but the calf isnt go and put horse halters on them and then put a chain in between them about 18 inches and let them walk around for about a week. then take the halters off and start wroking with them.

and to work with them i would go and rinse them once a day and then dry them and comb them and brush them then put some fly spray on them. then walk them around. and sometimes seperate the 2 so they dont get dependent on each other. we are showing 4 cow calf pairs this year at the ocunty fair

Latest posts