Wagyu cross

Help Support CattleToday:

smuff76

Reaction score
Was hoping to get some opinions on a situation I have been thinking about. What breed of cows would you cross a wagyu bull to? My understanding is that Wagyu's are rather small and slow to mature so I was thinking something like Limflex to add some size? Any other thoughts.

thanks.

cowboyup216":v2lg44wq said:
Alot of people are crossing them with Angus with great success.

I wondered if perhaps an angus cross would have too much fat?

smuff76":2v0q3jjf said:
cowboyup216":2v0q3jjf said:

Using a Wagyu the point wwould be Kobe beef. Tha stuff is 3/4 fat at least. How could you tell if it was too fat

dun":1favznqa said:
smuff76":1favznqa said:
cowboyup216":1favznqa said:

Using a Wagyu the point wwould be Kobe beef. Tha stuff is 3/4 fat at least. How could you tell if it was too fat

USDA signifies "Prime" as anything at or above 8.96% Intramuscular Fat. Cannot imagine a 75%?????

Might have too much Backfat with Wag X Angus.

At school we slaughtered a wagyu/simm cross and he graded low prime. I'm not sure how old he was but he looked like a dairy cross - not a lot of back fat but a ton of IM fat

MikeC":10jai6io said:
dun":10jai6io said:
smuff76":10jai6io said:
cowboyup216":10jai6io said:

USDA signifies "Prime" as anything at or above 8.96% Intramuscular Fat. Cannot imagine a 75%?????

Might have too much Backfat with Wag X Angus.

Have you ever seen Kobe beef? The stuff is so full of fat it's pink rather then red. Makes a brisket look like a lean round steak. Disgusting looking stuff in my minds eye

posted a couple of pictures in the member galleries, but I don't seem to be smart enough to figure out how to post them on here.

Latest posts