W/C Executive order

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
Well my current PB sim herd bull has hit 5 years, so it's time to start looking for his replacement. Haven't had much luck finding any red simmy bulls for sale, everyone just wants black blaze. I have one of those i'm trying to get rid of, so don't need another.
There is a bull that is going to be for sale at the IL beef Expo, that on paper does interest me. He's out of executive order, and a dream on cow.
If anyone has any heifers out of EO, could you give me some of your thoughts on their over all make up, and quality?

Thanks.

I have seen a few that Hillbrands have sold out of him and they are stout and moderate. Look to be the easier keeping kind. Wernings high seller was out of an Executive Order and there will be more next year out of that cow I bet.

My cousin bought an EO heifer pregnancy a couple years ago with plans for his boys to show. He ended up selling her across the scales. She would try to take out anyone who got in the pen with her, she's the only calf they've never broke to halter. This may or may not be due to the recip being a high strung old biddy, I'm sure it didn't help matters. I'll have to ask him what the dam was, may have come from her side too.

sim.-ang.king said:
Well my current PB sim herd bull has hit 5 years, so it's time to start looking for his replacement. Haven't had much luck finding any red simmy bulls for sale, everyone just wants black blaze. I have one of those i'm trying to get rid of, so don't need another.
There is a bull that is going to be for sale at the IL beef Expo, that on paper does interest me. He's out of executive order, and a dream on cow.
If anyone has any heifers out of EO, could you give me some of your thoughts on their over all make up, and quality?

Thanks.

I think Jeanne has used EO and maybe Fire Sweep. None here.

At $100/straw, I got to thinking that he might be a good compliment to my Angus cows, branch off into the 50% Sim-Angus community. But now that he's at $50/straw, I'm not sure. I might do American b/c at $80/straw he's obviously a better bull.

Thanks for the input, going to have to take a look at him in person before I decide anything for sure on him.
Although being he is out of a bull that was $100 per straw, does peak my interest. :lol:

Executive Order bull calf out of an Ironhide bred we sold to Montana. They will be keeping him to run behind some heifers.

sim.-ang.king said:
Pretty decent looking calf. Do you know what his BW was?

82 pounds. They like him and they were asking about more females out of that cow the bred was out of so I am happy as can be.

Yes, I use EO semen. I only had 1 heifer born last year out of a 2-year old. She was my best heifer calf. Won Supreme at many shows and was Calf Champion in our NY All Supreme Winners show. I have not had an EO heifer born this year - bummer. I sold quite a few head that were bred to him. I am putting together an order right now to get more semen - nice to hear he is cheaper. Although, I'm not sure that is quite true. There is a full brother W/C Executive 187D that is $50.
EO's dam 8543U is unbelievably great.
They are more moderate in size. He is very correctly structured. My one heifer is the thickest, heaviest weight of my heifers.

Jeanne
I would love to see where it is selling for $50, I would buy some! It is not sold through any semen company, you have to get it from the owners, last I checked. I bought some EO sired embryos, first one coming in Sept. Looking forward to those.

Very interesting. Werning must have sold him?? I have been waiting for Werning's Sire List from Scott. Ready to order from Werning's. Might hear from him today. I will post what I find out.
$40 - yeah baby!!!

Listed as Lot 6 in the Simmental Sale, March 2, 2019, Kentucky Beef Expo is an Executive Order daughter. Listed by Long Ridge Farm. # 3363945.

Dam is LRF Love Track C058. I know her Granddam - RP/MP Right To Love. Nice cow.

I used an Executive Order son GLS Declaration on 3 cows will have to wait till fall and see how they look. The Declaration bull is available from Select Sires which helps not having to pay shipping.

I forgot, I do have two other heifers sired by him. They were embryos that I purchased from Powell Valley Farm PA. Fall born, one red one black - both blazed face - really nice heifers. Still no word from Scott, but double checked ASA registration and he is listed owned by Werning & Hilbrands.

Latest posts