Viruses....

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who feel this is blown out of proportion, what do you think should have been done? Would you have kept the economy running with precautions, closed schools, and some social distancing, nothing at all, somewhere in between nothing and what we are currently doing?

herofan said:
For those who feel this is blown out of proportion, what do you think should have been done? Would you have kept the economy running with precautions, closed schools, and some social distancing, nothing at all, somewhere in between nothing and what we are currently doing?

:pop:

herofan said:

Keep selling train tickets and keep the country rolling. Again I can totally comprehend now how Hitler took control and marched Jews to death camps packed on trains like cattle.

Caustic Burno said:
herofan said:

Keep selling train tickets and keep the country rolling. Again I can totally comprehend now how Hitler took control and marched Jews to death camps packed on trains like cattle.

OMG. When people start using Hitler comparisons, I know it's deep water.

So, are you saying the country should have went on with no changes whatsoever? I'm just asking. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or a butt, I just like details of what the other options were that would have been better.

These are the numbers from the CDC.

34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season.
61,000 deaths during the 2017–2018 influenza season.
38,230 deaths during the 2016–2017 influenza season
22,705 deaths during the 2015–2016 influenza season.

As of today, there have been 57,930 deaths so far from Covid-19 with no end in sight.

While about 0.1% of people who get the flu die, the coronavirus' global death rate is about 4.7%, based on the current numbers of cases and deaths. However, the death rate of the coronavirus fluctuates constantly and varies strongly by country — in Italy, it is above 11%, while it is 1.8% in the US.

No commentary just data.

sstterry said:

As of today, there have been 57,930 deaths so far from Covid-19 with no end in sight.

While about 0.1% of people who get the flu die, the coronavirus' global death rate is about 4.7%, based on the current numbers of cases and deaths. However, the death rate of the coronavirus fluctuates constantly and varies strongly by country — in Italy, it is above 11%, while it is 1.8% in the US.

No commentary just data.

How many are really Corona related?
Hospitals are getting more for Covid.

As part of a federal stimulus bill, Medicare is paying hospitals 20% more than standard rates for COVID-19 patients.

Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:

No commentary just data.

As part of a federal stimulus bill, Medicare is paying hospitals 20% more than standard rates for COVID-19 patients.
I can't comment on that and I won't question it, but I do know for a fact that in my county alone there were several that died before testing became available and the hospital staff all know that is was COVID-19 related but they did not test any deceased individuals because the tests were in such short supply.
Again that is just what hospital workers have told me (along with complaining about a shortage of PPE)

sstterry said:
CB, you deleted it before I could respond. :D Which "Constitutional rights?"

You can start with this one.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I would disagree with what you have bolded. No one said that anyone could not exercise their freedom of religion. But the assembly part, you have a point

Now you have gone and got me thinking about the assembly part and here is what I found.

https://www.courieranywhere.com/2020/04/05/analysis-is-a-stay-at-home-order-constitutional/

https://padailypost.com/2020/03/25/are-stay-at-home-orders-constitutional-experts-have-questions/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/evange...y-at-home-orders-constitutional/#646afbe7104e

https://www.courthousenews.com/viru...s-and-travel-bans-spur-constitutional-fights/

The bottom line is that there are plenty of laws on the books that allow the stay-at-home Orders but are they constitutional? I am not sure we will ever find out, because, by the time the Supreme Court can rule, I am hoping that it will be mute.

sstterry said:

CB talks a good tale about losing freedoms, following Hitler etc, yet I've never known him to actually get off his rear, turn off the computer and go get involved in a march, protest or "war" against those who would actually violate his absolute rights. Another cheerleader that will never be a participant in the actual battle.

sstterry said:
Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:

Amendment I

I would disagree with what you have bolded. No one said that anyone could not exercise their freedom of religion. But the assembly part, you have a point

Texas is suppose to start loosening up the restrictions this week, but most of the pastors are sending out emails or telling their members via their broadcast if at all possible continue the restrictions on activities etc and that church services will continue to be done "electronically" and there will be a congregational gatherings.

TexasBred said:
sstterry said:

CB talks a good tale about losing freedoms, following Hitler etc, yet I've never known him to actually get off his rear, turn off the computer and go get involved in a march, protest or "war" against those who would actually violate his absolute rights. Another cheerleader that will never be a participant in the actual battle.

I am not taking the bait from someone that knows absolutely nothing about me other than an Internet forum.

Caustic Burno said:

I know some in the US think the health sector is trying to make money, it beggars belief though to continue this, what hospitals and where are they asking for or wanting more corona cases ?

But looking past this, you can look at places that do not have a health sector that just sees $$$ (which may not even be true), and the data is similar, if anything, all the numbers are under reported, not over, and in the case of the US, when they say 1 million cases, you better believe it is a magnitude higher, not an over inflated number, to what, make money from tests ?

not really worth debating all that really, it really should be about measures and getting on with things but in a different way.

If the masses were as socially responsible as they seem to think they are, all virus numbers would be a lot lower and better for society.

it is easy for some of us, most will have space and plenty to do, it is easy for me to keep this going, we do not dine out usually, nor sit in coffee shops, nor gather where there are crowds, but restrictions on travel and seeing family etc is tough, anyways, the last part should be ok with some basic personal steps.

The west should be able to cope now as we bought enough time from where I sit.....this is/was no war, not for the masses....

Caustic Burno said:
The sky is falling is so much better for the media than the truth.They have been peddling fear from jump on this. IMO the scariest part of the whole thing is the masses bit hook line and sinker.
Testimony from front line health care professionals and infectious disease experts is the reason for the worldwide shutdown, not something invented by "the media".

TexasBred said:
sstterry said:

Too busy being a top dawg oil company executive by day and organic chemistry professor by night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts