Vines On Fences

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Hoping that I can find an answer to this question here. We want to plant a vine on our fences that will provide berries to birds in the fall and that is not toxic to cattle/sheep or that they will eat. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I would suggest some "thornless" blackberry plant. I got several, and the birds love them.. cows dont seem to even want them.. only the calves, but they are curious about everything! The thing is...whatever you plant for the birds to eat.. remember it WILL end up splattered on your vehicles... :lol:

Bassett Lake Ranch":1kcb71eq said:
Hoping that I can find an answer to this question here. We want to plant a vine on our fences that will provide berries to birds in the fall and that is not toxic to cattle/sheep or that they will eat. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Might get a better response in the gardening part of this forum.

Gail

Huge job ahead of me getting freakin vines off one section of fence. Heavy guage 9 wire page wire pulled down by the crap.

Yep, think long and hard.

ALX

Bassett Lake Ranch":3gc1ed4d said:

Gosh, I don't know! Spent my life trying to keep vines off my fences. :eek:

pretty much any vine is going to give your fence trouble eventually. and most tend to be kind of invasive. how about a nice grapevine for everyone to enjoy?

Latest posts