Video of Traveler 004

Help Support CattleToday:

Chuckie":28jl1uq7 said:
I found a video of Traveler 004. He's a lot thicker than I thought he would be. Thought I would share this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKKWCjjX7hQ
I bought a son a couple years ago. He wasn't dynamic or a sale topper but his heifers are outstanding thus far. His steers did very well. Unfortunately he decided to tear a part of his anatomy to shreds on a barb wire fence. The new herd of 30 cows he was with for all of 12 hours just weren't enough him. He wanted the 40 I had in the next pasture.

No not nervous he moved like a cat real smooth and agile for a nine year old bull, I was impressed. We have used him, I have heard some have issues with his disposition but we have not had problems with a bad disposition out of him. I will say I like his maternal brother Boyd New Day more he is more consistent at least he has been in our herd. I used him again last year and have a few on the ground, I plug him into the genetic makeup once in awhile.

Gizmom

gizmom,

What a funny (small) world it is. I visited robert's herd yesterday and was absolutely blown away by the quality and quantity of New Day daughters he has. They were exactly the kind of cows I hope to have. Moderate frame, super correct with great udders, and all breeding back in about 60 days from robert's breeding program having first calves before 2 years. What's even more interesting is that he explicitly pointed out that he had used or brought in a fair amount of 004 daughters and the only one left there stuck out compared to the average cow in his herd. She was bought recently, was one of his heaviest cows, but other than that, did not stand out in any way. He mentioned fertility issues with the 004 daughters as reasons for their early demise and I think some disposition factors as well. He culls heavily for both traits and it shows. Hell of a herd.

I am glad to get this information, as I kept seeing 004 pop up a lot in blood lines. I was considering him as an AI candidate as it is so difficult to find good legs and feet as the other thread states, that I am trying to look further back, and use some bloodlines that I do not have. But at the same time, if he is producing a good calf "sometimes," then I want to look further. I will look into Boyd New Day. I hope they have a video of him too.