Vermeer Rebel 5410?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Anyone run one of these balers? Wanting to upgrade my old chain baler and found a Rebel with only a few hundred rolls on it.

Folks around here seem to like them if you only bale a couple hundred rolls per year. It's a cheap, entry level baler and you get what you pay for. Run a couple thousand rolls thru it this year and it'll be for sale again next spring.

A neighbor who bales about 1000 bales per year has had one for 5-6 years I'm guessing. I think his only problem has been a bearin, and that was a month after he bought it. From my point of view the positives are: 1) It really seems to be able to eat up the hay even in heavy doubled up windrows. He drives pretty fast when baling. 2) It makes a nice tight bale. 3) For the price it is a great baler.
The things I don't like about it are: 1) Single twine arm takes a little longer to tie bales. 2) He has to run switch to move actuator for twine arm. 3) No bale ramp so he has to back up to eject a bale. 4) Maximum bale size is 5' x 4' 5) His pickup is only 4' wide.

There are probably some options you can add to eliminate most of my dislikes but I'm not sure how much that would add to the cost. All in all, I wouldn't be afraid to buy one.

Latest posts