Vermeer 5400 problem

Help Support CattleToday:

grandlake

Reaction score
I have a 5400 Rebel that the monitor gives me an overfill warning. The bale is not too large. I have turned off and unplugged. I have tried the relearning proceedure, but it will default to the overfill as the bale is being made. Any suggestions on how to clear and reset this warning?

There will be a switch somewhere that activates the over fill warning.I think it is up in the top of the baler. Could by jammed with dust and hay are it may have failed in the position that shows an over fill.

hurleyjd":1zlt3i2b said:
There will be a switch somewhere that activates the over fill warning.I think it is up in the top of the baler. Could by jammed with dust and hay are it may have failed in the position that shows an over fill.
Good ideal above. Blow the switch out with air as my neighbor had the problem of his not working and making to big of a bale and the slip clutch spinning. Last year he broke the main pulling chain because of this.

Look on top of the baler and you will see a tab that will pop up when you are using baler in the manual mode. The switch will be in that vicinity.