Vent

Help Support CattleToday:

Looking back at it, it was pretty funny. But at the time, it was Memorial Day Weekend and we were between Leakey and I don't know where when we ran out of fuel. It was about 100 degrees out there. We are out around Uvalde. No one is on the road. I am thinking that smugglers are the only ones on the road. Finally a family pulls over and crams us in their car and takes us back to Leakey. We got some gas and a Deputy took us back to the truck. We were pulling a trailer of cedar logs, too.

Oh, and my husband's wallet and checkbook were also stolen the night before.

Except for the cedar logs, the gas running out and the theft incidents, we try to repeat the trip every year.

scratching my head trying to figure out how honeymoon and cedar logs come together in the same sentence.

I think this is the first time I've heard of someone carrying cedar logs on their honeymoon.

I am with Bama on this, seems there is a missing part of this story. Could the reason you were taking cedar logs on your honeymoon be the real story? :lol: Plus you probably should cut the husband some slack, He probably did not figure for the lost mileage the logs caused. :lol:

I aint got the patience to wait in line,much less for some one that is buying lotto tickets,but I just gotta tell this story,that ole sister of mine is pretty out spoken,and was in a hurry one day,as luck would have it she was in line behind some one that was buying tickets,he was buying one of those, two of these, etc. and taking his time,then started arguing with the cashier about giving him the wrong one,my sister interupts and said, just give it to me I am in a hurry,the guy just glares as he moves along scratchin his tickets,my sister gets home and was telling her story about this *&@#* was holding up the line and arguing with the cashier,and how tickets are a waste of time and money as she is scratching .............yep you guessed it $1000 prize :shock:
good luck

Bama":2zca2jm2 said:
scratching my head trying to figure out how honeymoon and cedar logs come together in the same sentence.

I think this is the first time I've heard of someone carrying cedar logs on their honeymoon.

This absolutely qualifies Lammie for a Jeff Foxworthy nomination!

I fill at the Supermarket fuel pumps, they only serve fuel, fill drive through and pay on exit done no hastle, the only hastle I have is my Husband he borrows my car, and never fills it and leaves me with an almost empty tank :mad: drives me to distraction I hate an empty tank, always keep it just above the half way mark. As all the muck clogs the fuel injections, but there's no telling him. I think it's his way of showing how he regrets swopping cars. as on the very rare occasions he does fill it he uses cheap petrol.

Bama":3o4u9s1b said:

We went to San Antonio for the first part of the trip then we went on to Leakey, which is down around Uvalde. His dad has a cabin there and it is a great place to, you know, honeymoon. ANYHOO! Steve makes cedar furniture for a hobby. He was trying to make a living doing it then, and he picked up a trailer load of logs there to take back home. Meaning, yes, we did haul an empty flatbed trailer to downtown San Antonio and paid for two spaces to park it while we were there.

That's the redneck part. :roll:

HAY MAKER":28hwult6 said:
I aint got the patience to wait in line,much less for some one that is buying lotto tickets,but I just gotta tell this story,that ole sister of mine is pretty out spoken,and was in a hurry one day,as luck would have it she was in line behind some one that was buying tickets,he was buying one of those, two of these, etc. and taking his time,then started arguing with the cashier about giving him the wrong one,my sister interupts and said, just give it to me I am in a hurry,the guy just glares as he moves along scratchin his tickets,my sister gets home and was telling her story about this *&@#* was holding up the line and arguing with the cashier,and how tickets are a waste of time and money as she is scratching .............yep you guessed it $1000 prize :shock:
good luck

Good for your sister. I think that people should have to stand to the side to scratch those things and then have to get back in the line to redeem or buy more. I had kinda of a fit about it one day several years back when I was trying to get my kid to soccer and some bum was holding up the cashier buying tickets, scratching and then getting more. I finally asked the cashier if he could not ask this gentlymen to stand aside so that the twenty or so other people waiting in line could check out.

I think t hat some people are simply oblivious to any one and any thing around them.

Latest posts