Gotta Vent

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
I am so mad right now I am tempted to call these guys up and be nasty to them.
Last year there was a large fire, husband left to go fight it, I was over and hour away from home at that time. Ran around until I found someone to take care of my son until I could get home.
Well thinking about what could be done to make sure there is an emergency backup plan just in case it happens again.
We live in one school district and our kids attend school in another. Thought I would be nice and talk to the district that we live in first about allowing the school bus to go an extra 1.7 miles to drop our kids off at our uncles place, just in an emergency.
Called all of the school board members and none of them had a problem, but wanted maps and letter of intent. No problem. When's the next meeting? Feb. 14. Call and see if it is in the morning or at night. Called. Meeting date was changed to the 12th. :mad: Rather nice of them to let me know.
Found out that I do not need their approval, but thought lets be nice with them and not step on their toes.
Got treated like garbage for being nice.
I just had to vent.
I feel better now.
Got all my paperwork together and am going to mail it to each member, except one paper that needs to be signed, but since they don't really need it, it won't be signed. Going to drop off the signed papers with the other district, who really needs it.

2 things i see in what you said.1 they should have told you the board meeting nite was changed.2looks like they would know what was needed to dropp kids off elsewhere in case of an emergency.i can see where youd be upset.

I luv herfrds":28139nyy said:
When's the next meeting? Feb. 14. Call and see if it is in the morning or at night. Called. Meeting date was changed to the 12th. :mad: Rather nice of them to let me know.
"Open Door" or "sunshine" laws require school boards to give at least 10 days notice of their meetings.
I bet you have such a law in Montana. It would apply to any board that spends public money.

Around here you go to school in the district that you live in.

curtis":3pqq5l92 said:
Around here you go to school in the district that you live in.

I wish I could say that. Post Office route is Canton (last property on the route) and the district in which I live, school District is Edgewood ISD (school taxes) as is my phone exchange, Emergency and Fire services are Fruitvale, law enforcement Van Zandt Sheriff, and property taxes are Van Zandt. Different sections of my property lie in Canton, Edgewood, and Fruitvale, so all get a piece of me.

haha... That reminds me of a funny quote:

"First the good Lord made idiots, for practice, then he made School Boards..." :lol2:

Curtis I will NEVER send my kids to that school again. When my son went there they had a really nasty bully who took a live .22 round to school and was telling the other kids," This is the bullet I'm going to kill you with and I'm going to kill your family." :shock: :shock: I pulled my son upon hearing that and called all the school board members, the same ones, and nobody called me back. Called the Sheriffs office and he just about went balistic. The bully's family has moved away, but I did find them and warned that school district. They had no idea about what happened.

Brute it was posted. On the office door of that school, not the one my kids attend. Since I do not go into that school and they knew about what I wanted to talk to them about a simple local call saying the meeting was changed would have worked. The issue was suppose to be on the agenda.

If they want to start a problem they are forgetting something. A Mutal Aid Agreement signed by all the fire departments and fire companies in our county, that agrees to respond to help fight a fire in a different fire district when called upon.

I luv herfrds":whob1r6l said:
Brute it was posted. On the office door of that school, not the one my kids attend. Since I do not go into that school and they knew about what I wanted to talk to them about a simple local call saying the meeting was changed would have worked. The issue was suppose to be on the agenda.

If they call you, they have to call every one. It is set up like that for a reason. Not wanting to lecture you. :oops: They tell people with any thing like that, school board meetings, foreclosures, tax sales, auctions, ect.. It is subject to change at any time and it is your responsibility to know where it gets posted and check to makes sure the date hasn't been changed. Its the only way to keep it fair to every one, there is also a number you can usually call to find out also.

I have learned the hard way, now so have you, myne was for business purposes. :x

Brute 23":3d5lyboi said:
I luv herfrds":3d5lyboi said:

If they call you, they have to call every one. It is set up like that for a reason. Not wanting to lecture you. :oops: They tell people with any thing like that, school board meetings, foreclosures, tax sales, auctions, ect.. It is subject to change at any time and it is your responsibility to know where it gets posted and check to makes sure the date hasn't been changed. Its the only way to keep it fair to every one, there is also a number you can usually call to find out also.

I have learned the hard way, now so have you, myne was for business purposes. :x

I don't know the law in Texas or Montana, but in Indiana a public meeting could not be moved forward on the calendar unless there was still time to give 10 days notice of the change in a newpaper of record. Notice to all the public, not just those who may have business with the public body.

It was on the local calendar for the 14th. They didn't even note the change in the local paper. I looked. Most people were not even aware of the date change. I asked around.
Was warned that they were up to something. Should have known.
Sent them by mail the maps and other papers. I don't expect a response. If these guys can not look me in the eye when they talk to me then, I know now, not to trust them.

Pretty sad situation just trying to get a bus to come 1.7 miles for an emergency.

Latest posts