need to vent some family steam

Help Support CattleToday:

rockridgecattle":3vs2sxhg said:
Any ways Jo, there is my rant...sleep did not help...lol

There's an old ethics thing about never selling a gift etc. If I gave away the meat, or anything else, I'd never tell.

It seems to me you have reason. Don't let it consume you tho. Let it go. This is one of those things that is beyond your control. Chalk it up to a lesson learned. Spend some time with good folks who appreciate you. Heck, just post some more words in this forum for all of us to enjoy.

I've always said that the reason God gave you friends is to make up for family. Not meaning family is always bad but sometimes family can get you in ways that no one else can. They may forget their manners cause you are family if you know what I mean.

While this wasn't family, I once had something similar happen. I had a family who said they wanted some produce. I surprised them and I picked a bunch of peas and beans and delivered it to their house. Oh, they thanked me and said they were going to really enjoy them. A couple of weeks later I dropped by to see them and the two bags of produce were still in their garage where I had set them down. That hurt me and it changed me too as I will rarely ever pick anything for anyone.

I doubt you will ever forget it but let it go and learn from it.

Jogeephus":1xfgce69 said:
I've always said that the reason God gave you friends is to make up for family. Not meaning family is always bad but sometimes family can get you in ways that no one else can. They may forget their manners cause you are family if you know what I mean.

While this wasn't family, I once had something similar happen. I had a family who said they wanted some produce. I surprised them and I picked a bunch of peas and beans and delivered it to their house. Oh, they thanked me and said they were going to really enjoy them. A couple of weeks later I dropped by to see them and the two bags of produce were still in their garage where I had set them down. That hurt me and it changed me too as I will rarely ever pick anything for anyone.

Friend gave us peas a few days ago. I didn't know how to tell him I expected him to shell them first. :???:

I ended up having to shell them myself. :mad: Can you imagine such a thing? :mad:

rockridgecattle":lz3b943p said:
The they have the audacity to ask when am i coming home for a visit!
All is well with your rant. Only thing that caught my eye was at the end. Coming home. This leads to a question. Where is 'home"?

For example, my sister chose to move across country and I live on the home place. She has a "home" across country that means nothing to me but "home" is here. It is where she was raised and her family is here.

Yeah, she doesn't understand why I don't visit more often either.

rockridgecattle":3sxwz2la said:
He was telling me he bought some beef from the store. I asked him, did you finish the beef we sold you already (at Christmas). No, we gave the rest away. I don't like meat in the freezer over 3 months old. Thankfully he gave it to one of the brothers going through a hard time and working 2 jobs trying to pay child suppport and be a part time daddy

In defense of your brother, he did give the meat to someone in need. I (admittedly) am not very generous; but my Grandfather often gave meat, vegetables, fish, etc to folks he thought needed it and I don't ever remember anybody actually asking for it. Of course we would have to grow, fish, or buy more to replace it and he never gave the poorest quality stuff we had either.

1982vett":2jndte9n said:
rockridgecattle":2jndte9n said:
The they have the audacity to ask when am i coming home for a visit!
All is well with your rant. Only thing that caught my eye was at the end. Coming home. This leads to a question. Where is 'home"?

For example, my sister chose to move across country and I live on the home place. She has a "home" across country that means nothing to me but "home" is here. It is where she was raised and her family is here.

Yeah, she doesn't understand why I don't visit more often either.

Home is where i live now. Here in Manitoba. To them, Alberta is home and to them that is where i grew up.

Lammie,the "stories" you are telling your dad are to protect him,not your sibs.Continue to protect him. I'm sure he knows what's what. He has you,you have him.

peg4x4":qvuz6o0k said:
Lammie,the "stories" you are telling your dad are to protect him,not your sibs.Continue to protect him. I'm sure he knows what's what. He has you,you have him.

Yes, I learned about "loving lies" from the good folks at the Alzheimer's Association. I wish I'd been on those boards whenever I placed Mom and Dad in the nursing home. It would have been very helpful. I try to share my experiences with those who have not yet had to make the terrible decision to place one of both parents. I'm not telling him I'm selling the house. It would just cause him great confusion and anxiety.

Yeah,it'll upset him,then he'll forget why he's upset,but he'll know somethings wrong and it'll just spiral on from there. I can't think of it as lieing,more protecting.

Ryder":8fp9izir said:
Jogeephus":8fp9izir said:

Friend gave us peas a few days ago. I didn't know how to tell him I expected him to shell them first. :???:

I ended up having to shell them myself. :mad: Can you imagine such a thing? :mad:

:lol2: :lol2: Never heard such a thing. World is wrong though. He later talked me out of a dog I was going to take on a long walk with me. He said he could train him so I gave the dog to him. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Dog ate his power main to the AC and turned over the cubbord with all the canned goods in it and ate it all. :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts