Var Discovery

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
Has anyone had any Var Discovery calves or seen them in person?
Thanks in advance.

saw the 44 farms sale back in feb, some nice elite quality heifers out of discovery, im sure there will be some offspring from him in a variety of sales both this fall and next spring, I went with deer valley all in over discovery for breeding some of my non upward influenced females, they are both extremely similar built though. I also really like both G A R Prophet and the lot 1 bull from the spring G A R sale, G A R Prophecy, a son of prophet, used Prophet, All In, and Prophecy on all my cows and heifers, Discovery was going to be my choice if All In was not going to be available.

Thanks for the feedback.I saw the 44 farms heifers but I thought their mamas might be a little pricier than mine.

They probably are lol but he made up 50% of their genetics, Ten X daughters are very prolific young cows, I would imagine you will see very similar things in discovery and all in. Both going back to great cowmakers in upward and in focus, thing of note discovery has a slightly higher milk epd, believe it's 34 and all in has a 28

I havent seen any, were flushing a cow this week to Double XL another Ten X son, then will try and get her back in calf to Discovery. Discovery and All in are very close I think a little more bang for your buck with Discovery, If you dont have Discovery in your tank or know someone with it, you could have a little trouble getting your hands on it. Could be a deciding factor.

Thanks for your thoughts. I pulled the trigger and bought some Discovery. He has eye appeal and I like his numbers for SC, DOC, & HP.

A friend has four young calves out of Discovery one bull calf and one heifer really stand out so far.

Thanks for the feedback. Does anyone have any photos of Discovery calves?

We love them Nice depth, nice length for us. Great phenotype
he was 5 months old in this picture, August first ish

I'm curious to discovery's daughters fleshing ability?
He is young enough probably don't have any in production. His energy epd is the only thing turning me away

Tbrake":kkef8v01 said:
He is young enough probably don't have any in production. His energy epd is the only thing turning me away

I had one of the most respected cattlemen I know tell me he would take discovery daughters any day of the week. Now that I own some, I agree. I have never had any problems with my discovery daughters and they sure do look great.

SchenkAngusFarm":2mbam7fh said:
Tbrake":2mbam7fh said:

I had one of the most respected cattlemen I know tell me he would take discovery daughters any day of the week. Now that I own some, I agree. I have never had any problems with my discovery daughters and they sure do look great.
Great, I'm glad to hear. Have you calved any of them yet? Curious to how they are holding flesh, and how the bags look.

So the best cow to breed him to would be one that has depth and capacity? He looks like he will add some style. I know he had a high SC and high marbling.

Air gator":bfe5p0hk said:
So the best cow to breed him to would be one that has depth and capacity? He looks like he will add some style. I know he had a high SC and high marbling.
I see you posted that you ordered some discovery back in 2015. How were your results?

Tbrake":1to0fozo said:
SchenkAngusFarm":1to0fozo said:
Tbrake":1to0fozo said:

Great, I'm glad to hear. Have you calved any of them yet? Curious to how they are holding flesh, and how the bags look.

I haven't but I will let you know as soon I do.

Latest posts