VAR Generation 2100

Help Support CattleToday:

southernultrablack

Reaction score
Anyone used him? Any thoughts on him? Saw a nice calf from him recently and a local Angus guy spoke very highly of him, but I'd like some more opinions if anyone here has any.

I went to a sale last year just to look at Generation calves, I didn't use him, I wasn't impressed with them, but next person may love em.

bse":34ijgygr said:
I went to a sale last year just to look at Generation calves, I didn't use him, I wasn't impressed with them, but next person may love em.
Thanks for the info.
Was there anything specific that you didn't care for, or were the calves just bad overall?

I saw some at a sale recently. I can't remember which one but I will try to look. I only saw female calves but they looked good. I'll try to see if I can find out which sale it was.

Depending on what you're looking for him to do, you might take a look at his half brother, Hickok. Also, Generation semen is currently back ordered.

I am not sure you can get any semen on him now. I called Universal Semen and they didn't have any a few months ago.
I really like his son Connealy Century shown below. I know I have seen some other sons with AI companies but I don't remember their names.

You should also look at the Deer Valley catalog for some of his calves.http://www.angusjournal.com/salebooks/d ... 111117api/

I thought I saw some or talked to some on advantage cattle that had some Generation not long ago. I don't think it was expensive if you want to attain it. It may be worth posting an ad.

For me they were a bit to fine boned, no heart girth, I seen em from calves to bred heifers. There is 2 sides to the eqation so maybe it wasn't Generation but I didn't order any because of it.

I called ABS and they said that he has been back ordered since January.

Did you happen to notice the bull at Deer Valley pictured above had a 920 lb adj yw. Personally a nonstarter for me, another reason to buy yearling bulls vs long yearlings or 2 yr olds imo.. Aging them out can hide alot of performance issues. He looks pretty good today.

jscunn":1w8advaq said:
Did you happen to notice the bull at Deer Valley pictured above had a 920 lb adj yw. Personally a nonstarter for me, another reason to buy yearling bulls vs long yearlings or 2 yr olds imo.. Aging them out can hide alot of performance issues. He looks pretty good today.
JS, I did not notice the adj.YW on that bull. That would have been an issue for me also though. I thought that there were some nice Generation daughters in there though.

jscunn":3jnk123p said:

I did but I wasn't looking to buy a bull anyways and if I did, I doubt I would pick Generation as the sire. There are just too many others I like.

Those females were pretty slick though.

We have been using Generation a few years now, have 3 calves and 3 two year olds from him in our sale this year. Overall I have been impressed with the calves

Saw some generation heifers this past weekend both were pretty darn good. Not better than anything else but fit in well. Saw one Tour of Duty, one Connealy Black Granite, and a few EXAR Studs as well.

Any updates on generation?
I've been using a full brother to him pretty heavily. Oldest calves are 6 months old, so far pretty impressed. They are not as thick as my renowns at the time,but look to have more length, and more butt.

Latest posts