usefull research

Help Support CattleToday:

Northern Rancher":f7eegiiv said:
DoubleDrop031.jpg

Sara's first mulie-I think the one she got last year and that big whitie that her and Emily are holding the head up on are two of the biggest deer body wise we ever shot. That mulie last year it was all two guys could do to drag him twenty feet at a time-I wasn't one of the guys lol.

P1010432.jpg

Drawing a bead.

P1010410.jpg

Fancy schmancy blind.

P1010405.jpg

Not a monster but Sara is pretty happy about her first deer.

That is one hellova deer blind . You should patent that design. Our friends in Texas would pay big money for something that elaborate. The heating system(straw bales) is what most impressed me. :tiphat: :lol: :lol:
All kidding aside you actually looked pretty good for what you have been going through. I admire your grit to get out there with the kids and do what makes you happy.

BTW I am pretty sure that 25-06 is a pretty darned sweet deer rifle.

It's a 25.06 Tikka with a laminate stock-that gun Sara is using is a 788 remington .243 carbine it's a sweet little deer gun-we have one in 6mm and one in .222 also. My gun is a Browning BBR .270-it was the model before the A-Bolt-I heard they discontinued it because it was too heavy but we sure like it-I've taken lots of game with it.

Buffalo008.jpg

A little frontier justice on a strayed buffalo bull in my cows-he was hooking the crap of them in my calving field after the second slipped calf I found I dealt with the situation lol.

AGoodBear.jpg

This was first good bear I ever took-he was ripping the doors of a friends oat graneries-pretty easy to track he was crapping a pile of oats every 100 feet lol.

NR I have owned and sold at least 4 Model 788's and regret it every time I let on go. The last one I sold(.243) was a trade for some work done on my house. The guy took it to Neb last year and with a stack of permits in his back pocket killed 7 whitetails in 3 days with 8 shots. He likes it so much he invited me to go up there with him this year and fill some coolers with delicious whitetail. Of course I told him it was my handloads that mede it so accurate. I would really love to have one in .222. I see very few of those. My second choice would be a 6mm. I have a 6mm Imp target rifle that I also use for Antelope and it is a tack driver.

Ty called in a nice little eating size bull moose and dumped him with our 6mm year before last. I get a kick out of magnumitus-an animal shot right with the old stand bys dies quicker than one wounded with a thunder banger. I've guided lots of hunters not many can shoot up to their guns capabilities. I'd like to get a whole set of 788's-ours have cheapy scopes on them I'd like to start putting Leupolds on all of them. The first thing I shot with the triple deuce was a yote at over 300-I'd never done that before lol.

Northern Rancher":25ji15oh said:
I apologize for the thread hijack I get kind of worked up over big deer lol.

No need to apoligize. Those are wonderful pictures, especially of the family. This thread had pretty much run it's course anyway. I hope things go well for you.