Used Stall Dividers?

Help Support CattleToday:

RisingCreekHerefords

Reaction score
I'm trying to find some used stall dividers. They are proving to be near IMPOSSIBLE to find! I would just buy new, but i'm not sure how much showing I will be doing in the future. I have tried borrowing from friends but they are all in the middle of show season too so they can't lend them. Anyone have any idea where I can find some? Or maybe give me some ideas of things I can use for dividers? I thought about goat/yard panels, but they are all to long for what I need.

Thanks!

Get the measurements from a friend and have you some made

Made ours out of EMT 1 1/2 galv pipe (I got the pipe free), just get the measurements off of your friends panels and duplicate with the pipe.

For cheap, pick up a 16' welded wire hog panel, cut it in half, and frame each one in 1" square tubing - even if you're not a welder it shouldn't cost much to have someone do it. That would give you a pair of 8' dividers. If you're going to need to put them in an 8' section of your trailer, measure it first - you might need to make it an inch or two shorter so your gates will close.

I picked most of them up used over the years from families that graduated all their showmen, but I have 3 complete fan cages plus another set of dividers. If you were closer I could fix you up, but it'd prob'ly be cheaper for you to buy new than to get them from here.

That's why I said it shouldn't cost much to have someone do it... Actually if you know someone that shows or has shown hogs, sheep or goats they've probably got some of those laying around. I can tell you they can often be had for around $5 apiece on farm sales around here, but they're rarely there when you're looking for them.

Latest posts