Used Semen Tank

Help Support CattleToday:

Check with ABS, Genex, etc. This is getting to the time of year that they shi new full tanks out west. When they get them back they sell them pretty darn reasonable and they're tested and certified

If you are storing anything of any value, new tanks aren't all that expensive. The investment in the tanks contents are usually much greater than the cost of a tank.

Angus In Texas":usnehqjw said:
If you are storing anything of any value, new tanks aren't all that expensive. The investment in the tanks contents are usually much greater than the cost of a tank.
I wasn't going to post because I've said the same thing on several other threads on this same subject. Sure there are some good used tanks out there. There are also bad ones. I wouldn't gamble with it. Spend a little extra money and go with a new one so you know what you've got. You can get a brand new tank for the cost of 2 racks of $25/straw semen. In my mind that is a pretty reasonable deal considering many people have far more than 2 racks of semen in their tank at any one time. I think I've got about 175 units of semen in my tank right now. I wouldn't gamble on putting that kind of semen in a used tank.

Latest posts