Used my Vet Gun for the first time

Help Support CattleToday:

MurraysMutts said:
sstterry said:
MurraysMutts said:
This is what I'm doing now. Well, a pump up weed sprayer with permethrin. Would be nice to find something that lasts longer. Must be a hormone thing. I thought everyone liked guns.... lolz
:cowboy:
What are you mixing with the permethrin? I use diesel.

I have a small herd. I've just been buying the 2 and half gallon premixed stuff at atwoods. Kinda pricey.

No doubt! Fly Ban is $250 for 2.5 gallons and they recently stopped carrying that size so you're stuck paying more for 1 gal. jugs or ordering big 'ol 5 gallon jugs and I believe Ultra Boss/Ultra Sabre have similar pricing.

MurraysMutts said:
NonTypicalCPA said:
It works great! It was so easy to walk among the herd and just shoot them. It was kinda fun too, my least favorite got to go first! :D My cattle's reaction to the shot was just like you see on the youtube videos, very mild. Much easier than running them through the chute. Within 15 minutes the flies were gone.

Pictures!!
U must take pictures.
This sounds like a fun way to take care of flies. What brand? Cost? Must know more....

I also have the Vet Gun brand. I used to put out grain and walk among them, but a couple of them think its a fun time for target practice - at me with their hooves! So this is payback. And still no dewormer as of yet.

Latest posts