USDA Extends Ag Census Deadline To June 1

Help Support CattleToday:

kb5iod

Reaction score
Seems quite a few people are getting tired of big brother.

USDA Extends Ag Census Deadline To June 1

Apr 1, 2008 4:50 PM

The deadline for U.S. farmers to turn in ag census forms has been extended to June 1, according to Carol House, National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) deputy administrator. The deadline extension from Feb. 4 is because a large number of the census forms have not been returned, she says. "We are sending another form out there again with encouragement to fill it out. We'll give a little bit of time and then we're going to start calling people. Of course, calling costs money, taxpayer dollars, so hopefully producers will fill it out before we have to make phone calls."

Responding to the census, conducted every five years, is required by law and the privacy of answers given is protected. If producers aren't filling out the forms because they have questions, they should call NASS at 888-424-7828, House says. The census also can be submitted online at http://www.agcensus.usda.gov.

Source: Southeast Farm Press.

I think its a nuisance and really not any of thier business what I do on my farm, or how much money i make!

Contrary to what they say, you are not required by law to give the USDA any information. The only census that you have to do by law is the population census done every 10 years. It really burns them when you tell them that, but they can't dispute it.

Latest posts