United Nations Anti-Meat Campaign

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Heard on the news today that the UN's environmental adviser has asked everyone forego eating meat at least one day a week due to the harmful affect meat has on the environment. He stated something about methane being 27 times more damaging to the ozone layer than CO2. This must be really important since this is the same organization that stood by and watched nearly a million Rwandans massacred just a few years ago and did nothing to stop it.

What about people who seldom get meat to eat? Are they supposed to cut back too? I thought the name of the game was protein.

I suspect their non used portions are reserved for meatatarians like myself. ;-) Seems everyone is picking on agriculture as the cause of global warming. They said something about 25% of the problem is attributed to animal production. But then again, they don't seem to like industrial farming either and would prefer us all growing food organically. Things are really getting silly/scary

Jogeephus":1qv71dy4 said:
I suspect their non used portions are reserved for meatatarians like myself. ;-) Seems everyone is picking on agriculture as the cause of global warming. They said something about 25% of the problem is attributed to animal production. But then again, they don't seem to like industrial farming either and would prefer us all growing food organically. Things are really getting silly/scary

Silly/scary indeed!
I wonder which half of the world population they propose to starve in order to have that perfect organic life?

john250":2jz92c2u said:
Jogeephus":2jz92c2u said:

Silly/scary indeed!
I wonder which half of the world population they propose to starve in order to have that perfect organic life?

I vote not my half.

john250":2owrcej1 said:
Jogeephus":2owrcej1 said:

Silly/scary indeed!

Now John! There you go again with that big carbon footprint of yours!! ;-) :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

If we eliminated the cattle, how would we organically fertilize all the veggies?
I know I'm preachin' to the choir.
I better get out of here and go sequester some carbon.

I still think most of the gloabl warming is caused by all of the politicians hot air

I read something about that last week. It seems that shortly after this info came out the US EPA (yea I thought the same thing) came out with a study that said direct human activity was 80% of the problem, with all animal agriculture only responsible for like 2.3%. So if you got rid of all food animals that was only a 2.3% benefit. I don't know any of the details. So I can't tell if the 80% figure included the farming & haying to feed that cattle or not. My first thought was there can't anything good come from the EPA but I stand corrected if the study is valid.

I'm not a scientist, but it seems to me if live cattle are producing so much methane then wouldn't it only be sensible to eat more cattle, thus eliminating more methane?

jw":1zjki0qz said:
I'm not a scientist, but it seems to me if live cattle are producing so much methane then wouldn't it only be sensible to eat more cattle, thus eliminating more methane?
beat me to it.. thats exactlly what i thought. course their thinking is probably, less demand less cattle.

OK I admit I'm confused. Jo which carbon foot print are they talking about?
I always though carbon dioxide was good for vegitation. Or is there another carbon I should consider?

Speaking of gas I bet that other % came from my house after my hubby ate that bowl of chili. :lol2: :lol2: :oops: :lol2:

Jogeephus":3rbwgwt4 said:
Now John! There you go again with that big carbon footprint of yours!! ;-)

green_church.gif

All kidding aside, anyone want to hazard a guess as to what the global warming, "green", carbon credit movement will be like 20 years from now? Will it be a bigger issue at that point, or will this have gone the way of the Pet Rock?

OK, edited to remove potentially offensive sentence... :)

:clap: :clap: :lol2: :lol2: Perda, that is hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

skyline":138b18tb said:
All kidding aside, anyone want to hazard a guess as to what the global warming, "green", carbon credit movement will be like 20 years from now? Will it be a bigger issue at that point, or will this have gone the way of the Pet Rock?

This is nothing but a backdoor tax and being such I think it will evolve into a monster that will never die. The only hope I see is that this type thing was first welcomed in Europe but people are now questioning where their money is going.

I watched an interesting show on dinosaurs and they stated that the reason the dinosaurs could survive was due to the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere at the time. Something like 20 times greater than today. Said plants grew much faster and bigger under these conditions. I thought this was interesting food for thought.

Jogeephus":1gzxl8r6 said:
Heard on the news today that the UN's environmental adviser has asked everyone forego eating meat at least one day a week due to the harmful affect meat has on the environment.

Hmmmm, would this also include locally hunted dove, deer, rabbit, bear and turkey meat?

Maybe what we should do is stop eating beef and goats, stop using dairy products and go out an kill all the wild ruminants (elk, moose, mountain goats, deer, etc). This way we kill 2 birds with one stone (pun intended) we stop meat and dairy farming and save the environment from all the methane producing wild animals.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Katherine

Latest posts