Ultrablack heifer be honest!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":29ud410o said:
RiverHills":29ud410o said:
Muddy":29ud410o said:
Need a good bull to clean up her sheath and add more depth. Her dam looks very rough and pinched not sure if I would call her as a quality cow.... otherwise the heifer is good as a commercial.

I don't know what you mean by the dam is rough?? I would like to see more depth on the dam as well and a little more on the heifer.

The dam is 3 1/2 in the pic

Pay no attention you be much wiser for it
. Very good advice.

RanchMan90":2yz5nmri said:
I generally associate big barreled big capacity with grass type cattle with a big rumen to be more efficient on forage and the pencil gutted shallow cattle to be engineered for feed. It's not a hard and fast rule, but from an outside POV she'll work out if you like her.

That does make sense.

I thought it had something to do with the cows ability to hold condition better and the ability to reach larger carcass weights in the feedlot.

RiverHills":o5e9yrez said:
RanchMan90":o5e9yrez said:
I generally associate big barreled big capacity with grass type cattle with a big rumen to be more efficient on forage and the pencil gutted shallow cattle to be engineered for feed. It's not a hard and fast rule, but from an outside POV she'll work out if you like her.

That does make sense.

I thought it had something to do with the cows ability to hold condition better and the ability to reach larger carcass weights in the feedlot.

That is the result.

goddy":1jfhkzrk said:
Muddy":1jfhkzrk said:
Need a good bull to clean up her sheath and add more depth. Her dam looks very rough and pinched not sure if I would call her as a quality cow.... otherwise the heifer is good as a commercial.

Heifers have a sheath ? Must be all this transgender stuff going on I guess.

I had a registered Gelbvieh cow with that little dewlap on her navel. Most of her sons had less than desirable sheaths, and I went out of my way to breed her to tight sheathed bulls.

Caustic Burno":1ys0cv72 said:
RiverHills":1ys0cv72 said:
Muddy":1ys0cv72 said:

I don't know what you mean by the dam is rough?? I would like to see more depth on the dam as well and a little more on the heifer.

The dam is 3 1/2 in the pic

Pay no attention you be much wiser for it

Oh be nice to Muddy! He is a pretty smart guy! And I dont see you giving an opinion.

I personally like her. She will make nice calves for you. She has more naval than I would like to see but who cares. I would breed her to a bull that would add a little gut... Other than that I have nothing else to say...

Latest posts