Ugly Cow

Help Support CattleToday:

BuckBenham

Reaction score
Trying to learn to post a picture. If this cow doesn't have a calf soon I think she'll pop. LOL. I want to stick a few pictures in here just to stir up comment. The old long horn cow is "King Ranch 102, born in 1986 on the King Ranch of Texas. She had a calf last year but missed this time. The one with the face like a panda bear is our Simbra bull, he is about 18 months old.
271_348.ts1130698996000.jpg
265_348.ts1130698964000.jpg
282_348.ts1130699054000.jpg

I really like the look of that bull. do you have any better pics of him?

i really like that bull, thats the look im goin for with my cattle. that or a tigerstipe.

Would he be a Black Sceptor son? or some relation?
or possibly a Nile King offspring? or some relation?
I was just wondering by his coloring.

We have a Sceptor daughter that is colored up just like him, except that she has a solid white face.

mom

dbc":1slfzfcz said:
i really like that bull, thats the look im goin for with my cattle. that or a tigerstipe.
I hope your are referring to his coloring - not his quality :shock: I also think he is a poor speciman for a using bull. Simbrah cattle should have MUSCLE. The whole purpose of crossing brahman cattle with Simmental, is to get a MUSCLED offspring - anything else should be hamburg.
Again, I'm not trying to be mean, but you asked for comments, and I cannot let people on this board think that is what someone should be using as a "goal" in their breeding program.
You should have stuck with posting only the pic with his head down eating. He doesn't look so poor in that pic. And I realize that pics can be deceiving - good & bad.

from what i can tell that bull has absolutely nothing going for him. i would consider cleaning that herd up with a good straitbred bull. I dont mean that to sound rude but that bull needs to be a steer.you can bet with that strait down sheath that his off springs will be poor doers also.get a good bull on them for a couple generations then go with a good quailty simbrah bull

yes, when i posted i only saw the first picture and could only see the face. im inexperienced but even i would not use that bull, but hey maybe he looks better in real life. does anyone else think he looks like a cow and not a bull??

I'm not usually critical of peoples cattle. I've never seen a Simbrah bull like him here in Australia. Here no one would keep a bull of that colour,they usually are white faced. Any other colour acceptable might be a straight straw colour. Have a look at the South Brahvon bull on or web page (Chevalley) on http://www.southdevonbeefcattle.com.au
Imagine that bull with a white face and thats about what a Simbrah bull looks like here in our country,comformation and good sheath placement is essential in our country. Your Simbrah bull lacks volume and his sheath is too pendulous. As he gets older he could be susceptible to prolapse and he doesn't have enough depth to indicate that he will do well when the season gets tough. You must have better bulls than that to use.

NewCowboy":gy9u9mf7 said:
ALACOWMAN":gy9u9mf7 said:
.you can bet with that strait down sheath that his off springs will be poor doers also.

What exactly does that mean?
NewCowboy :cboy:
well with this paticular bull it only one indicator of bad genetics he has plenty. and you can bet it will show up in his offsprings. calves that wont grow nothing but soupbones

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2iuy4boq said:
We have an old Longhorn due to calf looks like yours. I swear she's gonna have triplets! :lol:

we really did have a cow have triplets! they all died though not enough mom to go around. Nice bull looks alot like the one that was mine and my dad sold him(without my permision). he was solid simm though but no white.

cowboy13":1vs1v3lz said:
If your bull looked like that, then your dad did you a favor.

I am usually pretty neighborly about bulls (boys will be boys afterall and we have gotten Charolais, Simmental, Limousin, and ANgus calves as a result over the years); but if he got anywhere near my cows I would be trucking one panda bull to the sale and sending somebody a check.

That bull is a POS. He should have 4 times that muscle.

and Grand Chaser, why in the heck didn't you take two of the calves off and sell them or feed them yourselves?!? THAT IS NO EXCUSE! You should never assume a cow could handle triplets, that are quite a few that can't handle twins!!

Latest posts